Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Dallas: Texas, traffic, safe area, housing, cost of living, job market.

View Poll Results: Move or Not to Move?
Dallas 4 19.05%
Southern California 17 80.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 AM

669 posts, read 1,612,594 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if we can delete threads? And if so how? I'm goin to rephrase my question.... Thanks!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Browns and Murphy you are cracking me up..

DWong you can fly to San Diego 2-3 times per month for what you will save in housing costs in Dallas. Or you might decide to go somewhere else - most of the US is easily reached from Big D in 2-3 hours or less -- which makes SD look kind of isolated. And flying in here is not nearly as scary as SD!

* I am very familiar with SD, my sister lives an hour (on a very good day) north..

Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
Yes you're right is is true... people move to where??? The jobs are. However, if it weren't for the jobs now what? Funny, Southern California is filled w/ people who don't work! Who have all the $$$ in the world and had to choice to live anywhere... they pick here. We even have an area of town called lottery row... nothing but lotto winners!

ROTFL!!!!!! This line cracks me up. Give me a friggin break. There is no "Lottery Row" in California of all lottery winners. Maybe a trailer park of past lottery winners that did not know how to budget and ended up bankrupt . There are WAY TOO MANY reports of winners ending up just so and even IN CALIFORNIA!!! BTW, I do know personally one of the largest winners and they live IN DALLAS!

As for the other posts............ PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TO TEXAS!!! We do NOT need negative people here. We love where we live and the things it affords us to do. There are plenty of well paying jobs here and housing is affordable (not "cheap" as that has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT meaning).

Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 PM

I think I have seen that trailer park in San Diego..Californy is the place you oughta be..

Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,068,474 times
Come on, guys, let's not be too hostile... the Original Poster has a real dilemna on his hands...

I think the dilemna is <<<original content removed by author. Please see clarification below.>>>... I hope he can work it out.

Last edited by aceplace; 05-13-2008 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 PM

ace maybe you should re-state that one

Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can delete threads? And if so how? I'm goin to rephrase my question.... Thanks!
No, the Internet is like The Moving Finger of God... once having writ, it then moves on...

Old 05-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
ace maybe you should re-state that one
Maybe I should... but unfortunately, the finger of Ace has already writ...

OK, I'll try again...

The dilemna is between staying in SD, where he is happy... and taking his family to Dallas, where at least his wife would be happy... and he doesn't know how happy he would be...

Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM

669 posts, read 1,612,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
ROTFL!!!!!! This line cracks me up. Give me a friggin break. There is no "Lottery Row" in California of all lottery winners. Maybe a trailer park of past lottery winners that did not know how to budget and ended up bankrupt . There are WAY TOO MANY reports of winners ending up just so and even IN CALIFORNIA!!! BTW, I do know personally one of the largest winners and they live IN DALLAS!

As for the other posts............ PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TO TEXAS!!! We do NOT need negative people here. We love where we live and the things it affords us to do. There are plenty of well paying jobs here and housing is affordable (not "cheap" as that has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT meaning).
Thanks for the feedack... really I do. But I am getting mixed results from people in Dallas themselves. There are likes and dislikes... but that's every town USA. I can name 5 things I don't like about SoCal....

Heck most of the feedback I"m getting is preferring Austin over Dallas. In CA we have a row literally of two hundred miles of real estate where there isn't a single bit of property under $800k.... does that exist anywhere else in the world??? doubtful.... Go along the 5 freeway from SD to Santa Barbara or the PCH.... find something that affordable... it does not exist..

Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM

212 posts, read 459,680 times
Quote:
Thanks for the feedack... really I do. But I am getting mixed results from people in Dallas themselves. There are likes and dislikes... but that's every town USA. I can name 5 things I don't like about SoCal....

Heck most of the feedback I"m getting is preferring Austin over Dallas. In CA we have a row literally of two hundred miles of real estate where there isn't a single bit of property under $800k.... does that exist anywhere else in the world??? doubtful.... Go along the 5 freeway from SD to Santa Barbara or the PCH.... find something that affordable... it does not exist..

Being Pro-active in a Tougher Mortgage Market? - Times-Standard Online

Quote:
Our rural area has always kept us at a much more reasonable purchasing level than, say, the San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego areas. These markets have been labeled as “declining market areas” and have taken the brunt of the subprime fallout that started this decline in 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas