Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 10:02 AM

192 posts, read 150,911 times

Advertisements

I'm a 39-year-old straight man, no kids, never married, college educated. I've been in San Antonio for the last 8 years and meeting people/dating has been brutal--mostly families, single moms, retirees, and college students.

In Dallas would I find a good dating pool of single, childless women in their mid 20s to mid 30s? Also, fellow out-of-state transplants like myself? I'm not a fan of the "born-and-raised here" or "I'm from Laredo, Brownsville, etc." philosophy that I've found here in SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 10:29 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,484,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoM2000 View Post
I'm a 39-year-old straight man, no kids, never married, college educated. I've been in San Antonio for the last 8 years and meeting people/dating has been brutal--mostly families, single moms, retirees, and college students.

In Dallas would I find a good dating pool of single, childless women in their mid 20s to mid 30s? Also, fellow out-of-state transplants like myself? I'm not a fan of the "born-and-raised here" or "I'm from Laredo, Brownsville, etc." philosophy that I've found here in SA.
Well Dallas is fully of transplants and would have much more of a singles scene than SA. You may find some of the women you encounter high maintenance though.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:57 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,287,721 times
Yes, definitely! Over half the residents weren’t born in TX and something like 1/4 weren’t even born in the US. Definitely a much larger dating pool than San Antonio!

Old 06-08-2021, 12:44 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
You’ll hear a lot of “Dallas is good for families” and it is, but Dallas is also full and of things to do for single folks too. I don’t think you could go wrong.

Old 06-08-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Well Dallas is fully of transplants and would have much more of a singles scene than SA. You may find some of the women you encounter high maintenance though.
Hahaha, high maintenance is not a good thing. I like the down-to-earth, girl-next-door type. Definitely not a fan of divas, stuck up attitudes, heavy makeup, tattoos, fake eyelashes, etc. Also, I don't like really religious women. So should I stay away from Dallas then?

Old 06-08-2021, 12:57 PM

8,323 posts, read 5,484,706 times
Quote:
Hahaha, high maintenance is not a good thing. I like the down-to-earth, girl-next-door type. Definitely not a fan of divas, stuck up attitudes, heavy makeup, tattoos, fake eyelashes, etc. Also, I don't like really religious women. So should I stay away from Dallas then?
Nah. You will find some divas up there but youll find plenty who arent as well. Dallas is VERY diverse. Youll run into all types there.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:39 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,235,996 times
You'll find singles here, and probably a better selection than SA, but I have to say, your age group is probably the hardest for singles IMO.

You're too old for the college crowd for a real relationship, not old enough for a significant portion of singles due to divorce/death, and squarely in the middle of the career/house/kids bloc.

Don't get me wrong, there are suitable singles here, but I wouldn't want you to think that Dallas is going to be a cake walk for dating for you.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:05 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
In Dallas would I find a good dating pool of single, childless women in their mid 20s to mid 30s? Also, fellow out-of-state transplants like myself?
Yes and yes.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
You'll find singles here, and probably a better selection than SA, but I have to say, your age group is probably the hardest for singles IMO.

You're too old for the college crowd for a real relationship, not old enough for a significant portion of singles due to divorce/death, and squarely in the middle of the career/house/kids bloc.

Don't get me wrong, there are suitable singles here, but I wouldn't want you to think that Dallas is going to be a cake walk for dating for you.
I never saw it through that lens wow, thank you. Yeah, I never knew that it'd be so tough once I graduated from college and definitely once I hit 30. On the contrary, I though it would be so much easier than when I was college

Old 06-08-2021, 04:36 PM

625 posts, read 666,642 times
I think Dallas is a good place for Singles - although you aren't in the sweet spot age-wise. That said, be picky about where you live. I'd live near Knox-Henderson, East Dallas (e.g., M-Streets), nicer places in Uptown, etc..if I was single and looking. I'm not a fan of Addison - but some people would suggest there as well. I'd stay away from the suburbs since those will be mostly families, etc. (of course thats a stereotype, but with truth).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas