Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 07:34 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times

Advertisements

I"ll make a run to Plano sometime and check things out. My favs have been May Dragon (Dallas address although it seems like Addison to me) and Royal China Preston Royal part of RC's charm for me is the fun vibe and it's less than a mile away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 12:37 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The best Chinese food is in Plano?

Yes, I think so. I used to live near Chinatown in Chicago and was spoiled by being able to walk 15mins to get any type of authentic Chinese food I wanted. Most of the Chinese places in Tarrant county are Americanized and just aren't good at all unless you want fried rice and lo mein noodles.

One way of knowing whether it's decent Chinese food is by the name. If it mentions Hunan, Cantonese, Szechuan, or Northern, then it's probably authentic because they specialize in a specific region of Chinese cuisine.

Based on what I've been told, Plano has the best selection of Chinese, Indian, and Korean food in the metroplex. Vietnamese is spread all over but a lot is in Arlington.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:52 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Yes, I think so. I used to live near Chinatown in Chicago and was spoiled by being able to walk 15mins to get any type of authentic Chinese food I wanted. Most of the Chinese places in Tarrant county are Americanized and just aren't good at all unless you want fried rice and lo mein noodles.

One way of knowing whether it's decent Chinese food is by the name. If it mentions Hunan, Cantonese, Szechuan, or Northern, then it's probably authentic because they specialize in a specific region of Chinese cuisine.

Based on what I've been told, Plano has the best selection of Chinese, Indian, and Korean food in the metroplex. Vietnamese is spread all over but a lot is in Arlington.
Thanks for the info.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:15 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
Irving has an excellent selection of Indian food, other than the Northern Indian food most Indian restaurants have. My husband is from South India and he is able to find excellent food from his region in Irving.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:18 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,112,884 times
Quote:

Garland/Richardson has a lot of good Vietnamese as well.

Old 09-20-2021, 02:27 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Irving has an excellent selection of Indian food, other than the Northern Indian food most Indian restaurants have. My husband is from South India and he is able to find excellent food from his region in Irving.

Could you let me know some names of places to check out? I've been craving some good Indian food.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:18 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
Quote:
Could you let me know some names of places to check out? I've been craving some good Indian food.
I know of a few but I'll ask my husband for more.

Old 09-22-2021, 08:55 PM

115 posts, read 63,883 times
Quote:
Our Place in Irving is solid.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:33 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:

For Chinese yes, for Korean, maybe, but for Indian, I think Irving is the best.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:51 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
Our Place in Irving is solid.
My husband used to work in Coppell and he likes Our Place and Mayuri in Irving. I'm not big on Indian food personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas