Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 10:23 AM

377 posts, read 382,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
What grocery store issue are you alluding to? Prosper and Celina have grocery stores (Kroger, Walmart, Brookshire's). Like Fiber Guy said, there are plans at 380/423 for a Walmart and HEB. I personally find Central Market to be vastly superior to Whole Foods. While Frisco doesn't have a Central Market (yet), I'm confident that the new HEB's will stock some of the same products that you could find in a Central Market. There are also plenty of options in Frisco if you want high quality meats and produce.

As far as Little Elm, the one major thing holding it back is the ISD. While it's far from the worst ISD in the metroplex, it doesn't measure up to some of the other ISDs that are close by.
WTF?

Kroger, Walmart, and HEB all at the same intersection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 10:40 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,410,385 times
Yeah I got a review for Mustang Lakes in Celina. Too far.

Good for us in Prosper though. The quicker Celina fills up the faster Prosper values shoot up.

Old 07-16-2021, 11:04 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,082,086 times
I don't want to deviate too much into opinions of Frisco as the OP wasn't looking in Frisco. I was just noting why I didn't personally care for it out there. My point is that if proximity to Frisco and that new development in particular were driving property values, things would look different in Little Elm, Aubrey, and west McKinney, but clearly other factors are involved.

Old 08-18-2021, 06:44 AM

8 posts, read 17,189 times
Mustang lakes I think has the best landscaping and grounds out of all the big communities I checked out in the area. especially the main clubhouse/pool area. its very serene and peaceful there and lot less busy then Lightfarms or Windsong. we had an offer on a house there but lost out and ended up at Star Trails which we love. one major draw back of Mustang lakes is that its way out there. its in between the main parts of Prosper and Mckinney so you'll have to drive to either areas for big shopping centers.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:21 PM

8 posts, read 5,079 times
ML location is great for those who want to be far from the noise and don't have to commute every day. It's a bit far from big shopping centers but still has Kroger nearby.
If it had a lagoon more people will choose instead of WSR or LF.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:42 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,082,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc12345 View Post
ML location is great for those who want to be far from the noise and don't have to commute every day. It's a bit far from big shopping centers but still has Kroger nearby.
If it had a lagoon more people will choose instead of WSR or LF.
Those open spaces actually make noise worse, and the surrounding area as well as Frontier Parkway will continue to get busier.

Megatel is actually opening up a lagoon community just a bit to the northeast called the Venetian. They don't even have any roads or entrances built and already have hundreds of homes under contract. I'm surprised there hasn't been more PR about it. They already have one in Forney, and they're planning 7 more around the metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas