Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 04:28 PM

169 posts, read 104,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Wakeland - I see one class of ‘21 boy signed with Midwestern (D2) and one girl signed with Drury (D2).

Allen - no players from class of ‘21 are listed as signed in the linked DMN article.

Again, I am not the person running the max preps website. Just a city data poster who LINKED the DMN’s listing of all area signed athletes for the class of 2021 to be HELPFUL. In no way did I claim that no other schools had signed D1 soccer players in this year or any previous year. You people need to chill,
I think the article was early when a lot had not signed yet. There are definitely more than that. I know Allen has 2, Wakeland has 1 or 2. Keller (4 schools total) has 3. There are few more around the Dallas area that I would have to look up the high schools (I know the kids, but not exact schools without looking them up).

If the person does not even have kids yet then we are talking 15-17 years from now minimum and who knows what the soccer landscape will look like then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 07:04 PM

565 posts, read 557,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicnod View Post
If the person does not even have kids yet then we are talking 15-17 years from now minimum and who knows what the soccer landscape will look like then.
Not only that alot of these cities that your complaining about not making the soccer list will all be cities that that user doesn't want to live in (not upscale and posh enough)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
You people need to chill,
Agreed. Especially since alot of these cities/highschools your supposedly "missing" are all cities that will be peasant valley in the topic creators eyes

Old 07-18-2021, 07:08 PM

272 posts, read 246,201 times
Out of curiosity.

In Highland Park, do most send their kids to private school or are they okay with the public school?

Is it just as good...not as good but close ?

Old 07-18-2021, 08:21 PM

19,769 posts, read 18,055,300 times
I'd be surprised if she's the only D-1 soccer signee from Ursuline this but I know for a fact one UA young lady signed with Missouri.

On the girls high school side it's pretty tough to compete with Ursuline soccer winning 27 out of the last 28 TAPPS state titles.

DFW is home to a number of very high quality soccer clubs as well.

______

Why worry about any of this until you have kids?

Old 07-18-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I'd be surprised if she's the only D-1 soccer signee from Ursuline this but I know for a fact one UA young lady signed with Missouri.

On the girls high school side it's pretty tough to compete with Ursuline soccer winning 27 out of the last 28 TAPPS state titles.

DFW is home to a number of very high quality soccer clubs as well.

______

Why worry about any of this until you have kids?
LOL. Almost any good 6A school would destroy Ursuline in girls soccer. The 2019 Southlake Carroll girls team had 13-15 D1 kids on the roster. This year Eaton or Keller girls (forgot which one) destroyed Carroll and those girls were amazing.

Two years ago Hebron came in 3rd in their district. They beat Ursuline 9-1. Ursuline is great for their league and division but they just can't compete with the 6a schools.

Last edited by Cicnod; 07-18-2021 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-18-2021, 09:38 PM

312 posts, read 367,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
Out of curiosity.

In Highland Park, do most send their kids to private school or are they okay with the public school?

Is it just as good...not as good but close ?
Roughly 16% of students in HPISD attend private schools.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
LOL. Almost any good 6A school would destroy Ursuline in girls soccer. The 2019 Southlake Carroll girls team had 13-15 D1 kids on the roster. This year Eaton or Keller girls (forgot which one) destroyed Carroll and those girls were amazing.

Two years ago Hebron came in 3rd in their district. They beat Ursuline 9-1. Ursuline is great for their league and division but they just can't compete with the 6a schools.

LOL yourself. UA soccer is consistently excellent and plays great teams from all over the country - has for a couple of decades.

Right now Maxpreps has UA #11 in Texas ahead of most 6A teams.

According to UA's team page they beat 6A Flower Mound Marcus (3-1) and 6A Plano West (2-0) on Jan. 1, 2021 and then lost to 6A state champ Flower Mound (2-1) the next day in a showcase tournament. I'd say that's competing just fine against 6A schools and certainly they are not being "destroyed" by 6A teams.

I don't know but would bet if UA actually lost 9-1 to Hebron a couple of years ago it was a split squad game for UA or something else odd was going on. Either that or you got the story wrong.

FWIIW UA also beat Wilson - 4A?, Rockwall-Heath - 6A, Red Oak - 5A?, Lake Highlands - 6A and Mansfield - 6A on the public side this year.

So that means UA had a 5-1 record against your vaunted 6A schools this past year.

ETA - I just found UA did lose 9-1 to Hebron a couple of years ago. Gotta' be more to the story.

ETA II - Maybe think before running down a program you clearly know nothing about.

Last edited by EDS_; 07-18-2021 at 10:42 PM..

Old 07-19-2021, 04:04 AM

Quote:
LOL yourself. UA soccer is consistently excellent and plays great teams from all over the country - has for a couple of decades.

Right now Maxpreps has UA #11 in Texas ahead of most 6A teams.

According to UA's team page they beat 6A Flower Mound Marcus (3-1) and 6A Plano West (2-0) on Jan. 1, 2021 and then lost to 6A state champ Flower Mound (2-1) the next day in a showcase tournament. I'd say that's competing just fine against 6A schools and certainly they are not being "destroyed" by 6A teams.

I don't know but would bet if UA actually lost 9-1 to Hebron a couple of years ago it was a split squad game for UA or something else odd was going on. Either that or you got the story wrong.

FWIIW UA also beat Wilson - 4A?, Rockwall-Heath - 6A, Red Oak - 5A?, Lake Highlands - 6A and Mansfield - 6A on the public side this year.

So that means UA had a 5-1 record against your vaunted 6A schools this past year.

ETA - I just found UA did lose 9-1 to Hebron a couple of years ago. Gotta' be more to the story.

ETA II - Maybe think before running down a program you clearly know nothing about.
Yes they had a incredibly good year and team this year. Consistently year in and year out they can't compete with the 6A teams. When HP had Stafford in football they could compete with most of the 6A teams in the state that year. . Year in and year out HP would get crushed by good 6A teams. The consistently good 6A teams destroy UA in soccer asa shown by Hebron who wasn't even that good. And no it wasn't a split squad. It was a tournament game. All those 6A teams you listed they beat are not good consistently in soccer. The difference between 6A and what they play is that instead of 27 out of 28 state championships it would likely be 0. Instead of playing 1 D1 player you are playing against 5-10 D1 players at times with the top schools.

The one thing I do know are high school soccer teams, both girls and boys.

Last edited by Cicnod; 07-19-2021 at 04:58 AM..

Old 07-19-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Yes they had a incredibly good year and team this year. Consistently year in and year out they can't compete with the 6A teams. When HP had Stafford in football they could compete with most of the 6A teams in the state that year. . Year in and year out HP would get crushed by good 6A teams. The consistently good 6A teams destroy UA in soccer asa shown by Hebron who wasn't even that good. And no it wasn't a split squad. It was a tournament game. All those 6A teams you listed they beat are not good consistently in soccer. The difference between 6A and what they play is that instead of 27 out of 28 state championships it would likely be 0. Instead of playing 1 D1 player you are playing against 5-10 D1 players at times with the top schools.

The one thing I do know are high school soccer teams, both girls and boys.

Did you throw out your back moving the goalposts?

You said, "any good 6A team would 'DESTROY' UA." That was easy to prove false. FE Marcus was a good 6A team last year at something like 17-3-2 (loses to UA, state Champs Flower Mound and Coppell).

Also your implication that UA had and oddball/fluke great year last year is nonsense. Further, your claim would be bogus even if so.

Also for your added claim to be correct last year's Flower Mound team would have to be thought of as less than good - while also being 6A state champs and one ranking ranked them #2 in The US.

I'll find out what happened during that big Hebron loss and report back.

Also it looks like UA is 8 - 1 over its last 9 games against 6A teams.

Old 07-19-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Did you throw out your back moving the goalposts?

You said, "any good 6A team would 'DESTROY' UA." That was easy to prove false. FE Marcus was a good 6A team last year at something like 17-3-2 (loses to UA, state Champs Flower Mound and Coppell).

Also your implication that UA had and oddball/fluke great year last year is nonsense. Further, your claim would be bogus even if so.

Also for your added claim to be correct last year's Flower Mound team would have to be thought of as less than good - while also being 6A state champs and one ranking ranked them #2 in The US.

I'll find out what happened during that big Hebron loss and report back.

Also it looks like UA is 8 - 1 over its last 9 games against 6A teams.
Good point. Poor statement by me. A better phrase should have been that Ursuline isn't at the level the strongest 6A teams are at. They would be a good 6A team to be more accurate. While 27 out of 28 state titles in their division is quite remarkable that number would likely be 0 at the 6A level.

They simply don't have the talent top to bottom to compete with the powerhouses of the 6A division game in and game out, week in and week out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas