Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2021, 03:39 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texstout View Post
You have false expectations. I wear boots, sometimes a cowboy hat, but I’m definitely not ‘Southern’. Most Texans don’t consider themselves Southerners. We are Texans. Completely different. More Willie Nelson, less Nashville.
Love this and totally agree! There are cities in TX that have more Southern culture (Waco, Tyler off the top of my head), but TX as a whole is much more of the individualistic streak and less of the paternalistic culture of the major Southern states.

We also wear boots, hats, have cattle and guns (no horses at the moment), and own 200 acres of land- and we vote Dem sometimes, notably in both the 2016 and the 2020 election. Also I have worked most of my adult life and have a professional degree. So I guess I don't fit in OP's "traditional" box, but I'm thinking TX might be a little too nuanced for his taste.

Old 07-25-2021, 05:44 PM

511 posts, read 400,124 times
From what I've seen, many folks from Deep East Texas have Southern pride, but even then the balance of TX pride to Southern one would be 50:50. Waco might be more Southern than the Austin-RR area, but not as Southern as Tyler IMO.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:14 PM

272 posts, read 246,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Here is where you got into problems.

You live elsewhere. Youre asking people who live in Dallas what their opinion is. They give it, and you tell them theyre wrong. Someone not from Dallas is telling people from Dallas they know less about where they are from then an outsider who has little experience (if any) with it.

You also said "Ya I don’t need political maps to determine if a place is “ conservative “" and then proceeded to post pictures of political maps. Quite contradictory.

Do you not see how arrogant what youre doing comes across? To be perfectly frank, it is quite clear you dont know anything about the place. If you are truly considering moving there, you should be listening to not arguing with people who live there.
I’ve had literally everyone I speak to in Dallas tell me it’s a more of a conservative city.
It seems it’s only people in this forum that seem to disagree.

Take an actual “ progressive city “ Chicago, NYC, LA, SF, Toronto

Now take that and compare it to Dallas.
( Which was my question on the creating this thread )

If you think Dallas isn’t conservative... WOW

You literally have people voting Red 5 minutes from the downtown core (HP,UP,PH)
( That doesn’t happen in a progressive mindset city)

You have to drive hours from Toronto to find that.
( meanwhile, leave dallas proper and its instantly red)

Just because Dallas proper is blue doesn’t make Dallas an actual progressive mindset city.
( which is the entire point of my question)

Not Dallas to what you think Dallas is...and since no one cares to discuss that.

As I’ve asked multiple times... just end the thread ...because it’s getting nowhere.

Next time I’ll title the thread is Dallas conservative compared to San Francisco

And if you still answer no

OKAYYYYYYY then

Last edited by Cuggz; 07-25-2021 at 07:45 PM..

Old 07-25-2021, 07:57 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
I’ve had literally everyone I speak to in Dallas tell me it’s a more of a conservative city.
It seems it’s only people in this forum that seem to disagree.
You've been talking about moving to Dallas since you got on CD in 2017, so what does it matter.

At 30 years old why don't you get out of your mothers basement and just do it or go find a more liberal city that fits your needs.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You've been talking about moving to Dallas since you got on CD in 2017, so what does it matter.

At 30 years old why don't you get out of your mothers basement and just do it or go find a more liberal city that fits your needs.
Real estate agent ? Makes sense why you’re so bitter.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:59 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
From what I've seen, many folks from Deep East Texas have Southern pride, but even then the balance of TX pride to Southern one would be 50:50. Waco might be more Southern than the Austin-RR area, but not as Southern as Tyler IMO.
I was born in raised in Missouri, and Missouri is a lot like this. My hometown is twenty minutes or so from Arkansas, and it is undeniably the south. St. Louis and Kansas City are not the south, though.

Quote:
If you think Dallas isn’t conservative... WOW
So why even create a thread asking if Dallas is conservative? Your mind is clearly made up. What's the point of the thread?

Old 07-26-2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I was born in raised in Missouri, and Missouri is a lot like this. My hometown is twenty minutes or so from Arkansas, and it is undeniably the south. St. Louis and Kansas City are not the south, though.

So why even create a thread asking if Dallas is conservative? Your mind is clearly made up. What's the point of the thread?
I was hoping I’d get normal people who provide a normal answer and hear their thoughts. Instead, I got you who asked if, conservative how… like slaves.

The fact you continue to come back and comment speaks for itself

Old 07-26-2021, 12:30 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Dallas is probably not for you. More traditional / conservative than San Francisco? Sure. But it’s nowhere near the top of conservative values cities in 2021. Have you ever spent any significant time here?

It sounds like you would would do better in Nashville, Birmingham, or Atlanta. Especially if you’re seeking “Southern.” Dallas is absolutely NOT Southern. The South ends somewhere around Tyler, TX. Points west are not Southern.

Or you need to give up some of your “lifestyle” wish list and look in the DFW suburbs that are bright red like Colleyville, Southlake, parts of Frisco, Fairview, etc.
Points west at that latitude, or overall ?

Do you consider Houston to be Southern ?

Old 07-26-2021, 12:36 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
Quote:
I was hoping I’d get normal people who provide a normal answer and hear their thoughts. Instead, I got you who asked if, conservative how… like slaves.

The fact you continue to come back and comment speaks for itself
But plenty of other "normal" people have said Dallas isn't conservative, and you've called them crazy. So why post a thread asking a question that you don't want an answer to? If you already had your mind made up, what's the point?

Old 07-26-2021, 12:45 AM

Conservative in comparison to what? Forth Worrh? Nope

Dallas is 100% conservative compared to an progressive city.

I’ve had more people tell me to ignore you than the people who disagree.

I don’t know how many times I must repeat myself, if dallas doesn’t embrace a conservative mentality than why/ how is it even possible you have RED votes five minutes from the downtown core and everything around it red.

Go look at an actual progressive city, it takes hours before you’ll see red.

Someone used the example Highland isn’t conservative because BLM advocates walked through HP
That’s almost as bad as you and your moronic slaves and women as property comment.

So unless you have anything to contribute to how Dallas in comparison to real blue cities such as SF differ… for the love of god … be gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas