Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 12:25 AM

58 posts, read 61,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Hey Rakin, the Park Cities are to the WEST of Central Expressway.

It's Lakewood and the M Streets that are the war zone. Why, I hear artillery almost every night. The tank treads tear hell out of the streets, I'll tell you. Those million dollar houses on Tokalon are practically all of them crack houses, you know.

OP, you need to define "affordable housing".

I even heard that the Lakewood soccer moms are all just being used as a front to get things down to the border! The land rover cars are all a scam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 06:51 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Wouldn't it become more rural and have less crime, since it's moving away from the employment hubs? Is there cattle grazing in those areas, like in Frisco?

Old 07-27-2021, 07:24 AM

1,079 posts, read 1,112,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Wouldn't it become more rural and have less crime, since it's moving away from the employment hubs? Is there cattle grazing in those areas, like in Frisco?
Once you get just a little ways east of 75 you see areas with larger lots, horse properties, etc. Areas like Parker, Lucas, etc.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:21 AM

73 posts, read 44,829 times
So I'm trying to looking for a house at least 250k. I'm trying to live somewhere close to my job in Plano. I keep hearing there's a lot of illegals east of 75, it's very worrying.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:40 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Well, for crying out loud, why don't you drive over there and check out ghetto areas like Seis Lagos, Los Rios, Murphy, Lucas, Ranch Estates, Parker, Breckinridge Park, etc., etc., etc.?

Old 07-27-2021, 10:01 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,051,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixjohe View Post
So I'm trying to looking for a house at least 250k. I'm trying to live somewhere close to my job in Plano. I keep hearing there's a lot of illegals east of 75, it's very worrying.
In Plano, east of 75, north of 15th street is heavy hispanic. I seriously doubt east of 75 in Richardson is illegals. As suggested do a drive through and take a look. Its not what your hearing.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:06 AM

5 posts, read 5,362 times
Default A War Zone?

I use to travel for work a lot before the pandemic happened and if you think East of 75 is a war zone just google Camden, NJ. I got lost up there and it was unbelievable. Zombies in real life and horrible crime and poverty. The meth heads in Princeton are scared of that place. LOL

Old 07-27-2021, 11:16 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,403,017 times
Quote:
In Plano, east of 75, north of 15th street is heavy hispanic.

Really, Plano Parkway to the south, north to Spring Creek, and to Jupiter to the East is the majority Hispanic area. Jupiter to Los Rios (the edge of Plano) is more mixed and the same as the west side of town in that it's mostly large-ish single family homes that will not be available at a budget of $250k.

Same in Allen, basically a small area around Greenville Ave.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:39 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,051,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Really, Plano Parkway to the south, north to Spring Creek, and to Jupiter to the East is the majority Hispanic area. Jupiter to Los Rios (the edge of Plano) is more mixed and the same as the west side of town in that it's mostly large-ish single family homes that will not be available at a budget of $250k.

Now thats the way it used to be but after thinking about it, they tore down some of the slums and put small apts there now. It may not be so illegal there now.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:49 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post

LePoisson wants to move there. He thought it was great. He may want to spend more time checking it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas