Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 10:12 PM

398 posts, read 382,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Plano and Frisco have notably less foot traffic than any of the Dallas neighborhoods mentioned. Regarding those neighborhoods (Uptown, DT, Deep Ellum), it depends where you are and also when. Deep Ellum for example is packed with foot traffic on a Saturday night, but not so much on a Tuesday afternoon. Uptown near West Village is probably the most consistent area of foot traffic followed by the lower parts of Uptown near Klyde Warren. The Katy Trail, which runs alongside Uptown, is where you'll find the most walkers. Downtown is also spotty. The area near the Discovery District and Farmers Market are pretty active. Dallas is not the northeast and is still urbanizing, so it's very spotty and really a matter of knowing where and when.
Thank you very much to you and everyone else that has provided me with great info. I definitely need to check out Lower Greenville too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 09:35 AM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
OP an obvious point but a reality is the heat here compared to NYC or cooler climate cities than DFW. I like to walk for exercise as a retiree but summers I openly walk early before it gets steamy and very hot. The other half of the year I walk later and anytime of day in nice cool day, That said I doubt foot traffic overall matches any city where public transportation is available and many are without private transportation options as most here have.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:23 PM

83 posts, read 52,320 times
Why can't the Katy Trail/Turtle Creek Park System be the next major Main Street of Central Dallas? It connects up with Victory Park, Harwood District, Uptown, Turtle Creek Village, West Village, and Knox Street.

Future expansion has it going to the Dallas Design District and Mockingbird Station.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:29 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump Supporter View Post
Why can't the Katy Trail/Turtle Creek Park System be the next major Main Street of Central Dallas? It connects up with Victory Park, Harwood District, Uptown, Turtle Creek Village, West Village, and Knox Street.

Future expansion has it going to the Dallas Design District and Mockingbird Station.
It’s already grown past Mockingbird Station. Have you seen the signature bridge over Mockingbird?

Old 09-15-2021, 04:24 PM

83 posts, read 52,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
It’s already grown past Mockingbird Station. Have you seen the signature bridge over Mockingbird?
No, I'll check it out. Thanks Man that's a lot of retail along the Katy Trail. The Dallas Design District has some stores open to the public as well Then there is potential for the West End to make a comeback. The Katy Trail ties it together.

Old 09-15-2021, 04:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
I agree 100%. And it’s funny you mention the northeast since I’m originally from Connecticut.

Lack of foot traffic really takes the juice/life out of a city and it also makes it harder to meet people and get dates. There’s nothing more satisfying than spotting a cutie with a booty on the sidewalk and striking up a wholesome conversation.
General rule of thumb:

The further east you go in the United States, the easier it is to pick up women. As you move west, it becomes increasingly difficult.

Some of this is due to the spread out nature of states further west. Less population density so it's more challenging to just casually bump into people and strike up conversations. You end up relying more on random Meetup events or online dating.

The tools men use to meet women have been reduced while the tools women can use to find men (of their choice) have proliferated. Guys in general are less comfortable approaching strangers nowadays so women have more control over when/where/how they interact with the opposite sex. That's not an inherently bad thing but studies have shown that women tend to find a narrower subset of men attractive compared to what men find attractive in women. Ladies here tend to pair off early as well so single, unattached, no children....not always easy to find, especially if we're talking women that are actively looking for a partner.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
General rule of thumb:

The further east you go in the United States, the easier it is to pick up women. As you move west, it becomes increasingly difficult.

Some of this is due to the spread out nature of states further west. Less population density so it's more challenging to just casually bump into people and strike up conversations. You end up relying more on random Meetup events or online dating.

The tools men use to meet women have been reduced while the tools women can use to find men (of their choice) have proliferated. Guys in general are less comfortable approaching strangers nowadays so women have more control over when/where/how they interact with the opposite sex. That's not an inherently bad thing but studies have shown that women tend to find a narrower subset of men attractive compared to what men find attractive in women. Ladies here tend to pair off early as well so single, unattached, no children....not always easy to find, especially if we're talking women that are actively looking for a partner.
This is 100% right.

Density lends itself to social interaction. And the proliferation of social media and dating apps have massively hurt men, since now even a woman who is entirely unattractive has more dating options than a 10/10 did anytime prior to, say, 2005.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:48 PM

Hey guys!

Question: among NorthPark Center, Galleria Dallas, and Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, do any of these malls attract attractive single women? I know; weird question but I found out here in Houston during the day, the only reliable place, as weird as it sounds, to meet women was the Galleria Mall.

Old 05-30-2022, 09:46 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
IMO....

*Legacy in Plano
*North Park
*The Shops at Park lane...I was surprised
*West Village
*Trinity Groves
*The Galleria

......In that order...From best to worst.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
IMO....

*Legacy in Plano
*North Park
*The Shops at Park lane...I was surprised
*West Village
*Trinity Groves
*The Galleria

......In that order...From best to worst.
You’re the GOAT! Thanks m’dude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas