Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 12:02 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,086,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
I would look at Anna, Melissa, Celina, Howe, Van Alstyne,
Maybe Crandall or the areas around Heartland.
New build is tough these days. Very well could be a year to two once you sign the contract to get it done.

You could also look at the communities near Decatur in Wise County, or as others have mentioned someplace like Weatherford, Burleson, Crowley, Midlothian or Waxahachie.
Melissa and Celina are both now among the ten most affluent and probably most expensive and high-demand cities in the entire state. I think Melissa had what looks like the highest percentage increase in all north Texas in the last year. Maybe two or three years ago, but those are terrible suggestions now if in fact anything new at all were available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 07:57 AM

4 posts, read 3,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_FTW View Post
America is a melting pot. Try a different country and next time bring more than $500,000.
That is what I am looking for in a neighborhood as I mentioned - diverse. Not monoculture in this case Indian. Plus why the insult? My wife and I have worked very hard for a long time to save up for a nice house and we are proud to have been able to save up enough to afford a $500k house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
I would think far enough to be outside a commuting range of H1B centers like Plano or Irving and in a city that is not touted and selected for its school system above all else. Your budget would probably not lead you to any of those locations in the first place, so it shouldn't be an issue. You shouldn't need to live near all those corporate offices, so there is no need to choose the most expensive areas that have virtually no buildable land left.

The post said "more diverse." It sounds to me like this person is looking for a "melting pot."
Thank you sir - if I understand your post correctly and connect dots, is it true these H1B centers are driving house prices up and cause for mostly Indian neighborhoods? I don't understand... I thought H1B was visa and not for long term

Old 02-19-2022, 11:31 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,086,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumberjake33 View Post
That is what I am looking for in a neighborhood as I mentioned - diverse. Not monoculture in this case Indian. Plus why the insult? My wife and I have worked very hard for a long time to save up for a nice house and we are proud to have been able to save up enough to afford a $500k house

Thank you sir - if I understand your post correctly and connect dots, is it true these H1B centers are driving house prices up and cause for mostly Indian neighborhoods? I don't understand... I thought H1B was visa and not for long term
https://homeabroadinc.com/buying-hou...n-on-h1b-visa/

In this market, you no longer have to live in a house several years to make an astronomical return on investment. In fact you make more by not staying there as long.

The price gap between newer and older houses has become astronomical and is growing every day. Whether that trend continues remains to be seen.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:23 PM

252 posts, read 207,953 times
Quote:

A nice $500,000 house does not have to be a new build. Lower your standards or increase your budget.

Move close to Waco or Oklahoma if you want to move away.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:39 PM

427 posts, read 494,540 times
Quote:
OP, I really feel your pain and also feel terribly sad at state of affairs in this country. Foreigners, third world country people coming here through fraud, corruption (read Indian H1B's because majority of them are fake, fraud and in some cases can't even speak proper English- those who come back to argue, read the news before coming to fight) can insult the US citizens in their own country. Sad but true. Not gonna happen anywhere else in the world. A clear sign of downfall.

He can insult like that because - if husband and wife gets $100k plus salaries because of a friend or relative or because of corruption or fraud and if our politicians and corporate greed allows this to happen - then this is what they do - insult hardworking and honest Americans in their own country.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:44 PM

19 posts, read 18,265 times
House prices have gone up everywhere in the US from Fargo to Buffalo and blaming it one group of people doesn’t make sense. It is all the money printing is to blame.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:50 PM

252 posts, read 207,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osucowboy View Post
House prices have gone up everywhere in the US from Fargo to Buffalo and blaming it one group of people doesn’t make sense. It is all the money printing is to blame.
Don't bring logic into this argument . Money printer does not go brrr

Old 02-20-2022, 05:40 AM

4 posts, read 3,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
https://homeabroadinc.com/buying-hou...n-on-h1b-visa/

In this market, you no longer have to live in a house several years to make an astronomical return on investment. In fact you make more by not staying there as long.

The price gap between newer and older houses has become astronomical and is growing every day. Whether that trend continues remains to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
OP, I really feel your pain and also feel terribly sad at state of affairs in this country. Foreigners, third world country people coming here through fraud, corruption (read Indian H1B's because majority of them are fake, fraud and in some cases can't even speak proper English- those who come back to argue, read the news before coming to fight) can insult the US citizens in their own country. Sad but true. Not gonna happen anywhere else in the world. A clear sign of downfall.

He can insult like that because - if husband and wife gets $100k plus salaries because of a friend or relative or because of corruption or fraud and if our politicians and corporate greed allows this to happen - then this is what they do - insult hardworking and honest Americans in their own country.

Thank you both for the local insights and support. We are small town USA family trying to improve our lives, had no clue of all this Indian H1B riff raff stuff going on... wife and I doing best we can to improve our lives, taking out student loans, working hard, saving up, paying off loans but seems cards are stacked against us in any area with H1B Indian centers...

Old 02-20-2022, 07:10 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,192,161 times
OP, why do you think moving here will improve your lives ? What's wrong with where you are now, what do you hope to find here?

Old 02-20-2022, 07:51 AM

24,559 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Thank you both for the local insights and support. We are small town USA family trying to improve our lives, had no clue of all this Indian H1B riff raff stuff going on... wife and I doing best we can to improve our lives, taking out student loans, working hard, saving up, paying off loans but seems cards are stacked against us in any area with H1B Indian centers...
With this attitude towards others how do you plan to live in a diverse neighborhood? You are not the only ones who worked hard to get where you are. What do you think the riff raff is doing? Exactly what you are trying to do. Best of luck. You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas