Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 09:59 AM

238 posts, read 171,876 times

Advertisements

Parker resident here. Commute and what makes Parker unique, 1 acre lots, are already answered above. Overall it has a country feeling but right next to city. Some are typical suburbs but larger than usual lots, some have horses, some have farms.

Parker does not have its own ISD. Southern part of Parker is under Plano ISD, northern part is under Allen ISD. The schools you mentioned are Plano ISD so you must be looking at southern area which is right next to east Plano. These Plano schools are good to my family and neighbors.

Parker, really just like most DFW area, is welcoming to new people. So you are from MN but of Indian origin? Cool! Welcome to DFW, and welcome to Parker!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 11:44 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,741,813 times
Parker is actually mostly zoned 2 acre minimum, altho there are some 1 acre lots in areas adjacent to neighboring cities.

I lived in Murphy for 13 years and moved around the corner to Parker 3 years ago. The schools are great, and there are a lot of people who graduated from Plano East that have come back to Parker/Murphy to raise their families. And I know 28 families that moved from one Murphy home to another, and probably another 10 that moved to Parker from Murphy. Parker isn't very diverse but the area is and the schools definitely are.

You would be close to Murphy which has a decent shopping district, but you are also not far from Plano, or Richardson too.

Park and Parker Rds are a pretty quick shot into central Plano.

ETA: You asked about new development in the area. There's not much. The part of Parker you are looking at is developed, along with north west Murphy and East Plano.

Old 03-12-2022, 11:47 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,741,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkett View Post
Parker is the rage these days. Personally, I think the schools would made me think. Choose Fairview with Lovejoy ISD.
You're kidding right? Plano East is one of the top schools in the area, and the schools the OP listed are all outstanding. Lovejoy actually uses the same curriculum as Plano ISD.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:43 PM

6 posts, read 8,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
We have been looking for a home in north dallas for a while.
Our jobs are remote but we wanted to stay around Plano.
We found a home in Parker that meets our needs.
How is the commute from Parker to Plano?
How is the community?
Is it welcoming to new people?
We are from MN but of Indian origin.

Are there new projects that may affect the property values/commutes?

any feedback on
Marth Hunt Elementary School
Murphy Middle
CA McMillen High School
Plana East Senior High School

I will use school digger but I was hoping for some personal experiences in these schools.

Try to learn as much about Parker as we can before making an offer.

Thanks
Hello fellow Minnesotan! I am just south of there in Wylie. Kids go to Martha Hunt. Parker is very much a farmesque, quiet community. I don't recall there being a gas station at all in Parker so if you want amenities its Wylie/Murphy or Plano. Parker is very much a growing community with what I see a mix of rural folk with some really high dollar earners.

Its very diverse of all nations/cultures up here so I don't think you will have any issues. Plano ISD is one of the best in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: