Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 01:11 PM

19,545 posts, read 17,806,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
A way to avoid the bus (when landing at a different terminal) is to take the tram, get the car, and then go back for the luggage
I've done that a few times. With all the 1 hour arrival level parking it's a snap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 03:02 PM

91 posts, read 140,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
You can't beat the pre-paid, door-to-door service with Express North. The value is off the charts and it's no less convenient than terminal parking.
I have never used Express North parking. How does it work?
* Do I stand in front of my car with luggage etc. and wait for a shuttle, rain or no rain?

* What about when I come back? Do I have to tell the shuttle driver in which row I parked?

Old 03-23-2022, 03:30 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,758,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
I have never used Express North parking. How does it work?
* Do I stand in front of my car with luggage etc. and wait for a shuttle, rain or no rain?

* What about when I come back? Do I have to tell the shuttle driver in which row I parked?
You book your time slot online and prepay. When you enter the lot, the attendant tells you where to park and gives you a card with your spot. You park there. The shuttle's usually already waiting in the general area.

When you come back, you request a shuttle pickup on the courtesy phone, give the driver the card you got when you came in, and they drop you off at your car.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:58 PM

816 posts, read 915,002 times
DFW Parking Spot on the north side had really great auto-detailers pre-panicdemic. However it does add time to your trip and when we started traveling more frequently we started using the terminal lots. It is really nice when you are going in any out of E, but as others have stated, if you are on American, you can wind up at a different terminal and then have to spend extra time on a shuttle. That make late night late arrivals even worse.

Since March 2020 we have only used Southwest so it is nice to hear we are missing out on all the construction at DFW.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:22 AM

506 posts, read 2,142,343 times
I always park at Express North and a couple weeks ago it was FULL, which was something I'd never seen before. I was departing out of Terminal B so I headed there and the garage there was also FULL. I believe the middle section of the garage there was closed due to construction, which was part of the problem, and I didn't have time for a lengthy search so I practically threw my keys at the valet and ran into the terminal. I found out upon my return how expensive valet parking is - OUCH - but I caught my flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas