Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:52 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times

Advertisements

For driving away from a traffic stop.....
YouTube - Texas traffic stop shooting

Heres the story about it....MyFox Dallas | Trial Nears for Traffic Stop Shooting Caught on Camera (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6561644&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1 - broken link)

Last edited by caliguy92832; 05-21-2008 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: .

Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
How long do you have to live on this planet to understand you can't run from the police?

I can't say I feel sorry for this idiot. There is a law in Texas that states that even a private person could have shot this guy if they had reason to feel he was going to leave this place and go elsewhere to harm someone.

Texas just isn't the place to screw around with law enforcement. Its reality. Learn to deal with it.

I believe the police had the right to feel this man was a threat because he refused to identify himself. There has got to be a reason he choose to NOT get a new drivers license.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:21 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
No kidding. If your RUNNING FROM the police you DO have something to hide. The other day some "really good family guy" was killed by police for attempting to rundown an officer that was chasing him because of shoplifting. The guy had a "long criminal record". Sure, "good family guy". Right. Simple: Don't do things that will get you shot at period.

Oh, also the other day in another area Dallas suburb an elderly lade chased a robber out of her house, went back to her house and retrieved her gun and went out and shot the guy and killed him. GOOD FOR YOU LADY!!!!! Maybe next time some punk thinks to break in on some unsuspecting elderly person they will stop and think (right) that they might get killed if granny is packing.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
No kidding. If your RUNNING FROM the police you DO have something to hide. The other day some "really good family guy" was killed by police for attempting to rundown an officer that was chasing him because of shoplifting. The guy had a "long criminal record". Sure, "good family guy". Right. Simple: Don't do things that will get you shot at period.

Oh, also the other day in another area Dallas suburb an elderly lade chased a robber out of her house, went back to her house and retrieved her gun and went out and shot the guy and killed him. GOOD FOR YOU LADY!!!!! Maybe next time some punk thinks to break in on some unsuspecting elderly person they will stop and think (right) that they might get killed if granny is packing.
You go Granny. Good for her !!

Lets hope that these incidents are publicized enough that those committing the crimes will start to fear the homeowners and business owners.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:24 PM

164 posts, read 792,488 times
When the police tell you do to something you do it. This idiot got what he deserved. The stupidity of people will never cease to amaze me.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 AM

My daughter was telling me a story about a young man the other day who smarted off to a cop. Well of course he got hit with a HUGE ticket. I don't know what is in their minds?

My conversation goes something like this:

Yes sir.
I'm sorry sir.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
My daughter was telling me a story about a young man the other day who smarted off to a cop. Well of course he got hit with a HUGE ticket. I don't know what is in their minds?

My conversation goes something like this:

Yes sir.
I'm sorry sir.
Even IF the police officer IS wrong you go by the book and then go thru the courts. I myself was pulled over (falsely) for "not having a front tag". Well, the idiot did not notice it was A BRAND NEW CAR w/ the paper tag in the back window. I was a teenager when this happened and my lil sis was with me. The motorcycle cop jumped OUT INTO THE ROAD right in front of me and flashed his flashlight right into my front window. Good thing for him I stopped from being blinded by his moronic actions. When I finally regained my vision he was directing me (yelling) to turn into the alley just before the intersection (I was approaching a red light when this happened and good for him that I was actually STOPPING). Anyway, he came up to the car yelling and carrying on. I had my sister get the paper tag out of the back window when he asked for it. We were never told to get out of the car so stayed sitting RIGHT THERE! When I handed the jerk the tag he threw it back into the car w/o even looking at it w/ such force it went OUT the window on the passanger side. I barely said a word the entire time. I had no clue even why he was giving me a ticket as he never once said so except his screaming about "no front tag". Okay. When he handed me the ticket and walked off as I rolled up my window I muttered to my sister only audible enough for her to hear, "I will get his badge".

By the time we got home my lil sis who was not old enough to drive was scared by the cops actions she wet her pants. She was LIVID as well when we got home. We came running into the house telling our parents what happened. My parents of course thought I being a "typical teenager" probably smarted off to the cop and everything. My sister was telling them, "NOOOO!!! She NEVER said a word. He was a JERK! And I was scared thinking he was going to beat us up." They believed her but still thought I was telling a story.

Went to court w/ my mom in tow. Umm, when the "officer" came into the courtroom before the judge did he walked right up to my mom and I and said some VERY derogatory things and was yelling at her. The court recorder witnessed it and we were the only 4 people in the room total (thank GOD she was in there). It ended up getting thrown out as I did have proof of the paper tag and it being a "BRAND NEW CAR". The officer said some more crap to us on his way out. My mother was LIVID!!! She then finally believed me. LOL!!

Well, justice was done years later when I saw in the news that this officer had been reprimanded so many times (my mother and I both wrote in on him ) and finally did something REALLY stupid to the wrong person and got himself fired. He also got some fines and I don't remember if he had to serve time himself.

Moral of this story: Justice usually prevails and even if you know your in the right and you get stopped or approached by an officer. Behave on YOUR best behavior and hopefully all actions will be caught on tape and your proven innocent and if the cop was in the wrong they get dealt w/ appropriately.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
For driving away from a traffic stop.....
YouTube - Texas traffic stop shooting

Heres the story about it....MyFox Dallas | Trial Nears for Traffic Stop Shooting Caught on Camera (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6561644&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1 - broken link)

soooo . . . .

I guess you were trolling to get to see a bunch of yahoo Texas folks go into Blast Their @ss!!! mode, huh?

Customer QA Question?

Did you enjoy it, was it good for you?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:26 PM

168 posts, read 573,602 times
Sorry, but as a father of two boys that are likely to do something stupid in their life, you people scare me... the kid was stupid, but you dont deserve to get shot in the head for being stupid... you get shot in the head by the government only because you endanger the life of someone else in an immediate way, and pretty much no other reason is acceptable, unless you live somewhere like China or North Korea...

This video is sickening. People saying "golly gee shucks, you just shouldnt mess with the law in Texas" is exactly why people outside of Texas think that we are a bunch of backwood rednecks.

Like many other police officers, this guy seemed to have a tough guy complex. He was clearly not "caught" on the car...he was running alongside it. No doubt that the kid should have been pepper sprayed, chased, arrested, jailed, whatever...but not shot in the brain. Mark my words the outcome of this trial will be in favor of the the defendant.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:23 PM

983 posts, read 4,442,256 times
I am not going to watch this video but I am sure it's the one I saw on the news. I work for a police agency, one of the largest and best in the country. There is always going to be the public playing Monday morn quarterback after every cop incident. It comes with the territory. But a moving vehicle can be very dangerous and if you are hanging on and someone drives off, IT IS putting your life in danger. Once that cop let go he could have been ran over. He has to react not hold on and say "hmmmm let me see can I shoot him in the leg".

I agree with you jtrichel to some degree. The attitude that some have sounds like a vigilante group. The driver did something very STUPID that caused him his life. It's sad all the way around.

momof2dfw that is horrible for something like that to happen to you as a teen and to yr little sis. That kind of person needed to be off the streets cause he is not doing the job he was trained to do. He was being the jerk that he was in and out of uniform.
I remember as kids this company came to our neighborhood and took us to areas to sell candy door to door. Well, we always went to nice areas in the suburbs and one day we were in Cleveland and the company van driver rounded us up with a cop following him. Well turns out he didn't have a permit or whatever was needed. So they took us to the station to wait for our parents to come get us and put us in JAIL CELLS. I was 10 or 11 and my sister was a year younger. I could here my sister crying and carrying on cause she was scared. I at that age was the voice of reason trying to calm her down and tell her it's okay and that our mom would be there to get us. I knew we weren't in trouble but the driver was. All I remember about that cop was the mirror sun glasses, and he was mean. And let me clear up he was black and so were all of us except the driver.
He was sending us a clear message we weren't welcome in Shaker Heights area!

But the point is that he was a jerk and he didn't have to be. He had a chance to leave a positive impression on our young minds of the police but he didn't. Even one of our Captains here talked about his bad experience with a cop as a kid and why it made him become a cop but it had the opposite effect on his brother who still can't stand cops. It was due to some unnecessary harrassment of them for no reason. He is white and was in a very nice neighborhood. So it happens all the time everywhere. I know minorities feel they are the only ones it happens to. Even I was surprised at the Captain's story.

Let's not celebrate the demise of another human life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas