Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 10:14 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times

Advertisements

To correct quoted material:

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I’m not disagreeing with anything you said, I just find it strange as a father myself that the girl was allowed to go off by herself without anyone going with her.

Most parents allow their teenagers to go to rest rooms in arenas on their own, or at least they did, before this story became news.

To add the omitted word "how:"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I saw nothing that said the teen left with two strangers, left alone that she left happily. What's the basis for this statement? Unfortunately, we still don't know she was induced to leave the arena.
s/b: Unfortunately, we still don't know how she was induced to leave the arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 10:28 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Do we really need multiple comments saying the same thing?

I think it's clear that you have more interest in discussing this than just about anyone else. You have really been the only active participant in this thread. But is there reallly anything left to say on this?

Old 07-03-2022, 10:57 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Do we really need multiple comments saying the same thing?

I think it's clear that you have more interest in discussing this than just about anyone else. You have really been the only active participant in this thread. But is there reallly anything left to say on this?

It's an interesting and important topic, especially as IMO sex trafficking is relatively ignored throughout the U.S., but this example is one of the most surprising policing failures that I've encountered.

Sorry, but I intend to follow further developments in this case. However, I suspect that the Dallas police department will settle a civil lawsuit out of court, and we'll learn no further details, unless the parents are serious about seeking a change in policing policies and not financial compensation.

BTW, if this had been your child, would you have satisfied with the Dallas police handling of this case???

I imagine there isn't much discussion because there isn't yet much information.

I'm curious why you're so anxious to suppress the topic. Vested interest in the Dallas police department? I'm amazed anyone would attempt to criticize the teen and the family in an attempt to justify the police response.

Do you believe that any time a teenage girl going to the rest room disappears in the company of a strange man from a public venue that she should be treated as a runaway???

mod cut

And 1,200 views doesn't seem to indicate a lack of interest in this topic.

Last edited by Acntx; 07-03-2022 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: personal attack/inappropriate

Old 07-03-2022, 01:19 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

The thought crosses my mind that you actually may be involved in sex trafficking, as I have little understanding of your obsession with minimizing discussion of this episode.

How did you figure me out? We sex traffickers just can't catch a break.

I'm worried you might have seen me on that surveillance cam. But just so you know, I have you on camera, too:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas