Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 02:40 PM
SyZ

151 posts, read 139,565 times

Advertisements

Are they building one at DNT and Frontier? I saw a small sign with the HEB logo and 'HEB-grocery anchored pad sites available', but I can't find any confirmation on HEB's website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 05:23 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Those lines to get into the HEB at Frisco lol

Was Buc-Ee’s entrance to the DFW market a decade ago the same kind of lines?

Old 09-22-2022, 07:28 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,086,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post
Are they building one at DNT and Frontier? I saw a small sign with the HEB logo and 'HEB-grocery anchored pad sites available', but I can't find any confirmation on HEB's website.
They did buy land there:
https://localprofile.com/2022/07/22/...er-texas-land/

I checked out their website to see what all would be available at the Frisco store, and was not impressed at all. I don't see how these stores are going to be any different from those south of Dallas and Fort Worth besides being in pricier locations.

The Plano location is more upscale than Frisco, so perhaps it will be different. We'll see.

Last edited by Leonard123; 09-22-2022 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-22-2022, 11:30 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Those lines to get into the HEB at Frisco lol

Was Buc-Ee’s entrance to the DFW market a decade ago the same kind of lines?
It's one of the nicest regular H.E.B stores they have ever built in History...So its a new and more exciting experience from what ANYONE has ever had at a typical H.E.B.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:43 AM
SyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
They did buy land there:
https://localprofile.com/2022/07/22/...er-texas-land/

I checked out their website to see what all would be available at the Frisco store, and was not impressed at all. I don't see how these stores are going to be any different from those south of Dallas and Fort Worth besides being in pricier locations.

The Plano location is more upscale than Frisco, so perhaps it will be different. We'll see.
"The lot is surrounded by new housing developments and two miles from a Kroger, but an H-E-B spokesperson would not comment to DMN on the company’s plans for the location."

What else would HEB do with the location if not build a supermarket .... ?

Old 09-23-2022, 08:15 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,086,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post
"The lot is surrounded by new housing developments and two miles from a Kroger, but an H-E-B spokesperson would not comment to DMN on the company’s plans for the location."

What else would HEB do with the location if not build a supermarket .... ?
They have a long history of buying and selling land. They have owned dozens of parcels of land throughout the metro area for years.

This map is a year old but shows they have quite a few spots:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...3zi0CiwxL-LKa6

Old 09-23-2022, 08:38 AM
SyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
They have a long history of buying and selling land. They have owned dozens of parcels of land throughout the metro area for years.

This map is a year old but shows they have quite a few spots:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...3zi0CiwxL-LKa6
Hm, interesting.

I would have to assume, based on the sign that is there indicating there are pad sites available which are anchored to HEB grocery, that they're building a supermarket there.

But, time will tell ...

Old 09-23-2022, 06:37 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
It's one of the nicest regular H.E.B stores they have ever built in History...So its a new and more exciting experience from what ANYONE has ever had at a typical H.E.B.
LOL. How you are not the head marketing exec of the Chamber of Commerce up there I will never know.

Old 10-09-2022, 08:14 AM

869 posts, read 319,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
LOL. How you are not the head marketing exec of the Chamber of Commerce up there I will never know.

This is the same guy who SWORE a couple of years ago that HEB would never infiltrate the Dallas area.

Now the tune has changed to "Well, it only did so because it's not a TYPICAL HEB store...so that's different"

You just can't make this stuff up, lol.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:27 AM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Elina, I know you love your grocery stores. How do you feel about Kroger acquiring Albertsons companies (which also lands them Randall’s and Tom Thumb in Texas)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas