Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 11:12 PM

258 posts, read 347,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_cowboy View Post
Dallas is not longer cheap. I know tons of family who moved from Chicago in the past decade. Home prices in Frisco are still high and will continue to remain high due to various reasons. What's your expectation in terms of $, sq ft, built year, direction (yes, lot of indian family believe in vastu hence asking).

My budget is about $600k (could stretch it to $650k or possibly $700), and I am looking for a 4 bed (ideally plus a study), and 3 bath. I would love a big house - that's one of the main reasons to consider Dallas - especially since houses here tend to be in the 2000 sq ft range at my price point, and i would love to have extra room for the grandparents and kids.

No vaastu or feng shui requirements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2023, 11:21 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,084,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asliarun View Post
My budget is about $600k (could stretch it to $650k or possibly $700), and I am looking for a 4 bed (ideally plus a study), and 3 bath. I would love a big house - that's one of the main reasons to consider Dallas - especially since houses here tend to be in the 2000 sq ft range at my price point, and i would love to have extra room for the grandparents and kids.

No vaastu or feng shui requirements

You won't have any problem at all finding a house in Frisco. You could get 3000 square feet if you wanted. I'm not sure about a majority-Indian neighborhood since those tend to be newer construction, but even then you could get a narrow house or townhouse in some place like The Grove or Lexington. Some of the new construction neighborhoods up north in Celina should also fill that need, though that does put you a bit farther out in the country (for now).

Old 01-26-2023, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 656 times
Collin County is like 17% Indian. My kids elementary school (in North Plano) is 70% plus Indian. Finding Indian people in North Dallas will NOT be a problem.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:07 PM

6 posts, read 2,899 times
Hi,
I am in same boat like you. Planning to move from Chicago suburbs to Texas. I am looking near Irving,tx(since my work place is near westlake). If you find a good place to settle, do let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asliarun View Post
Kind people of DFW, perhaps my questions will be quite a cliche. Unfortunately, I find myself in the same kind of situations as everyone else.

We're a family of 4 with 2 kids in middle and elementary school, and both parents are permanently working from home. And we live in Chicagoland Northshore - which has very good schools and is very safe but is not very diverse. And the winters are depressing here. And we don't have family here.

We do have family in Frisco and that and the harsh Chicago weather and a desire to live in an community with diversity and more people of Indian origin is causing us to seriously think of moving to the DFW area, preferably near the Frisco area or in Frisco itself.

Would really appreciate any inputs in terms of which neighborhoods we can look at. Our main criteria are safety in neighborhood, school districts with good support for accelerated learners at the middle and high school level, good percentage of Indian origin people in the neighborhood, and somewhat reasonable house prices - not million dollar houses everywhere.

What would be some good neighborhoods and school districts to consider?

Old 03-03-2023, 04:33 AM

252 posts, read 207,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texstout View Post
Many Frisco neighborhoods have become known as having majority Indian populations - although I've also heard that many are mostly 1st Gen. (I have Indian friends who purposively did not want that - so not sure if that is important to you). Indian families have stereotypically been drawn to new build homes - which have vastly increased in price over the last couple of years.

But honestly, there will be significant number of Indian families at most North Dallas suburbs which all are very safe and all have good school systems. You'll want to narrow in on your price point.

I'm not a fan of Frisco in particular (very cookie cutter), but I do like the sound on their school system which focuses on smaller high schools compared to the huge ones in other nearby towns.
Go look to the TEA school report card and compare the one big school ranking and achievements versus the smaller schools you’re taking about.

I’ll do it for you because I know too many are lazy to actually look up facts over spewing non-sense gibberish.

you can compare Allen, to Frisco, Plano and I also included Prosper. Since people love to be cheapskates and FOMO into Prosper. Good, fast and cheap.

Pick 2 out of three. Prosper folks got FOMO for cheap and fast. Don’t expect good location, school or build quality for your cookie cutter McMansion.

Sacrifice your kids education so you can have a house. LMFAO. Dumb dumb McGees.

Numbers don’t lie, humans and their opinions do.

The big school has more distinct designations, better at closing the gap and has a similar school ranking.

Next time bring facts to the table instead of opinions.

You know what they say about opinions.

Save your 2 cents, inflation is stubborn and sticky.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:54 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthi82 View Post
Hi,
I am in same boat like you. Planning to move from Chicago suburbs to Texas. I am looking near Irving,tx(since my work place is near westlake). If you find a good place to settle, do let me know.
Depending on your housing budget:
Coppell
Grapevine
Southlake
Euless
Irving

All of those places will be an easy commute to Westlake and still close enough to the Las Colinas area of Irving for you to still be active in the Indian community there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas