Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 03:14 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,112,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
It is a mini version, but they specified that it will have room for expansion. My guess is that they will be planning to expand it as soon as they finish it because it will be a hit in the area. As far as going to Florida vs Texas, it depends. If it’s within an 8-10 hour drive in distance, I can see those people going to the Frisco location. It will also be a nice place to go for people coming to town for other reasons.
Plus, there are 30 million people within about a 275 mile radius of DFW. 4-5 hour drive. My guess is it will do very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2023, 03:53 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
More details about the new theme park

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAYUR...outu.be#dialog

Old 01-11-2023, 03:57 PM

39 posts, read 37,140 times
Soon the PGA/Omni will be opening I'm excited to see all the exciting things happening in north Texas

Old 01-11-2023, 04:03 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP78 View Post
Plus, there are 30 million people within about a 275 mile radius of DFW. 4-5 hour drive. My guess is it will do very well.
That sounds about right. That 4-5 hour drive covers all the majors cities of Texas and surrounding areas. It also covers Oklahoma ,parts of Louisiana and Arkansas. This will be the core of where a lot of the visitors will come from.

Old 01-11-2023, 04:29 PM

786 posts, read 1,223,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Sounds like my idea of a living hell. That entire corridor of the metroplex has too many people now and getting worse by the day! It really is a mini California, and nowhere in DFW is that
More prominent / evident than Frisco

Old 01-11-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
Sounds like my idea of a living hell. That entire corridor of the metroplex has too many people now and getting worse by the day! It really is a mini California, and nowhere in DFW is that
More prominent / evident than Frisco
Hahaha. I can understand that. Growth would be better if it radiated from Downtown Dallas on all sides. Not generally focused in one part of the area. So, one area wouldn’t be overburden with growth/construction. I can see why people living in the area might be worried. A lot is being built in that area.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:46 PM

772 posts, read 935,184 times
One more thing to make property values rise... for those of us who don't live too close to the development, anyway.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:35 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,085,566 times
They really need better infrastructure before doing this. I also don't see a map. I don't see how there's room given the proposed Fields development. People assume the city will solve the problem, but all the main roads leading there are under the control of TxDOT, the world's most incompetent government agency. Frisco's zoning has always been abysmal, and this development takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
I'm a Frisco resident too and have similar concerns. Traffic is already bad. It's supposed to be built in 4 years and I didn't see any plans to alleviate traffic concerns. I'm skeptical on reducing property taxes too.

I'm assuming most of the workers will not be making crazy high wages, which leads to the question of where they will live. A lot of people in Frisco balk at the thought of affordable house (AKA more apartments). A lot of the apartments we have now aren't all that affordable.

They'll all live in Mckinney, where housing is and will remain super cheap. We have an endless supply of cheap rentals and old single family houses. Some of them may live in Little Elm and Aubrey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
One more thing to make property values rise... for those of us who don't live too close to the development, anyway.

How close? How far? They're already planning multimillion dollar homes right on the edge which again goes back to Frisco's poor zoning. I don't see people paying a premium though to live half an hour or more away in horrible traffic, but who knows. A lot of people aren't all that rational.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:44 PM

459 posts, read 1,744,533 times
This whole deal must have happened really, really quickly or the city/development group were holding back on hinting at this until it was really official.

I went back and looked out of pure curiousity. I found an article from back in November where Cheney presented an update on the whole Fields development where this is going in. At the time, this land was all indicated for mixed-use - retail/office/hotel and some residential. Now look where we are.

There was also a FB post by a city council member saying that the Jurassic World thing at Grandscape back in 2021 was some sort of concept/testing. So not sure what to really believe or know. I just found it interesting.

Old 01-11-2023, 07:03 PM

Fox 4 is saying that the building process will 7 years. Maybe that will give them enough time to upgrade the infrastructure in the area...?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1P4ku...ature=youtu.be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas