Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 10:12 AM

948 posts, read 1,138,944 times

Advertisements

I have a pre owned treadmill (barely used) I'd like to sell, but I'm not really excited in dealing with fielding "craigslisters".

Does anyone know of any places around Dallas Metro that will buy your used/preowned gym equipment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2023, 10:23 AM

113 posts, read 103,783 times
There are a number of places may be interested in it, including Salvation Army. They may need to inspect the condition before making the decision to buy or not. You can google and call them to make an appointment. If they don't want to buy, you may call the bulk trash collection from your city.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:33 AM

332 posts, read 1,386,478 times
HOME FITNESS WAREHOUSE ( Now HIRING Full and Part Time )
( Open to the Public )
4900 Preston Rd., Ste. 103A
Frisco, TX 75034

TEXT *** (972) 488-3222 *** CALL

I've purchased free weights from here (advertised on craigslist) - I think they also buy and sell used fitness equipment. Give them a call and find out.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecZTexan View Post
There are a number of places may be interested in it, including Salvation Army. They may need to inspect the condition before making the decision to buy or not. You can google and call them to make an appointment. If they don't want to buy, you may call the bulk trash collection from your city.

Didn't know salvation army BUY stuff. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekv View Post
HOME FITNESS WAREHOUSE ( Now HIRING Full and Part Time )
( Open to the Public )
4900 Preston Rd., Ste. 103A
Frisco, TX 75034

TEXT *** (972) 488-3222 *** CALL

I've purchased free weights from here (advertised on craigslist) - I think they also buy and sell used fitness equipment. Give them a call and find out.

They are closing out on treadmills like several other buyers. No luck. Thanks for the contact info though.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:45 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,776,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
I have a pre owned treadmill (barely used) I'd like to sell, but I'm not really excited in dealing with fielding "craigslisters".

Does anyone know of any places around Dallas Metro that will buy your used/preowned gym equipment?
Unless it's a very specific, desirable brand, I would think Craigslist is your best bet. The cost for a retailer of holding equipment like that is high. Equipment from brands like Peloton used to hold their value well but that's not as true anymore now that the company is in the toilet, discounting, and selling used equipment itself. Concept 2 seems to hold value because Crossfit gyms and similar are constantly opening and closing and they almost all buy Concept 2 rowers. I sold an off-brand bike on CL for about half what I paid for it, and I was surprised the person didn't try to bargain the price down. I donated a treadmill to the local fire house, which tend to need workout equipment (at least in city of Dallas). Tax write off for me plus they took it apart for free so it could get out of the house more easily which was going to be a real hassle for me.

Old 02-09-2023, 01:13 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,164,791 times
Honestly, I never understand it when people say Craigslist is that big of a hassle. I've used it and Marketplace for years and years to sell stuff like this. Nearly every experience has been positive. Yes, you'll get some immediate scam responses, but they are so obvious it's funny. Stick to in-person transactions and you'll be fine.

Having a buyer come pick it up and take it away is less hassle than loading it up yourself and trying to sell it at a store.

Old 02-09-2023, 05:42 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,491,591 times
I've seen a couple on NextDoor.

Old 02-10-2023, 05:47 AM

772 posts, read 933,076 times
Play It Again Sports used to buy gym equipment, but from their website that may not be the case anymore.

Craigslist is probably your best bet as others have said. You just have to be careful with the personal information you put out there, don't give your address out to anyone unless you've verified they are coming to buy it first, I give cross streets as my location that is about 1/2 mile away, and will give my actual address after they confirm they are on their way to pick up.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:35 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,164,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Play It Again Sports used to buy gym equipment, but from their website that may not be the case anymore.

Craigslist is probably your best bet as others have said. You just have to be careful with the personal information you put out there, don't give your address out to anyone unless you've verified they are coming to buy it first, I give cross streets as my location that is about 1/2 mile away, and will give my actual address after they confirm they are on their way to pick up.
Yes, this is exactly the process to follow. Give general directions to your area when people are first inquiring. Only give your address when they are coming to get it at a certain time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: