Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2023, 12:11 PM

588 posts, read 485,681 times

Advertisements

Which parks do you like best? I only go to ones near my home but planning to explore more this spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2023, 03:43 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,485,457 times
When I lived in Dallas I went to Reverchon the most. I was mainly just parking there to walk on the Katy Trail. I played tennis at Fairfax park in Highland Park because they had nice courts and it was the closest to my house. I usually walked there. White Rock is nice but normally didn’t want to drive there just for a walk, but went biking on the weekends.

Old 03-24-2023, 04:27 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,401,147 times
Kidd Springs and Lake Cliff south of downtown are pretty nice, or used to be.

Celebration Park and Bethany Lakes, both in Allen are nice. Celebration Park has a great splashpad for the kids. Bethany Lakes has some hills, flowing water, and lots of ducks and geese.

Prairie Creek Park in Richardson has a cool (manmade I think) waterfall, but it's like 15 feet tall, and tons of photos are taken there. It's pretty cool. Depending on when you go, due to the number of wedding photos, team photos, and whatnot, you might have to wait in line to see the waterfall.

Galatyn Park in Richardson and walking trails are really nice, following a creek with multiple bridges over the creek, a solid 30 feet below in some spots. I've never fully explored the brush, but it sort of looks like there are enough creeks to form a sort of island in the middle of several creek branches.

Old 03-24-2023, 08:21 PM

588 posts, read 485,681 times
Thanks @RD and @TO

Old 03-25-2023, 08:26 PM

379 posts, read 367,503 times
Great question! Do you mean for kids or for grownups? Arbor Hills in Plano is great for hiking and there's a nice kids playground. I also like Mary Heads Carter Park in Carrollton for kids - it has a really fun playground (super tall slides). I'm excited for the new one with LED lights to open in Farmers Branch this summer - we will definitely check it out. The recently renovated Cottonwood Park in Richardson is great too, but I think it's geared more towards younger kids. For exercise, I'm a fan of the newish Moss Glen Park in Far North Dallas. The playground is fine, but I love the paved trail that takes you in a circle (okay, oval) rather than meandering around. I like walking on school tracks for exercise, but so many lock their gates now, so this is a close second. It also has exercise stations along the track. We are also fans of Mimosa Park in Richardson.

Now that my kids are older, the holy grail of parks would be a playground where my younger kid could play and a basketball court within the same field of vision for my older child. Sadly, if a park has a basketball court, it's usually far from the playground and I can't watch both at the same time. You will have to report back after you check out new parks this spring!

Old 03-26-2023, 10:18 AM

6,799 posts, read 14,023,558 times
I just spent time at Klyde Warren park and must admit it was a great experience. I was expecting to spend a hour their and was their for 4 hours. Everyone was nice and welcoming and I had some great food. I would highly recommend it if you have have kids are enjoy people watching.

Old 03-26-2023, 10:47 AM

468 posts, read 475,326 times
I love Arbor hills but if you have younger kids or a small dog/puppy, the newish Windhaven park in Plano is very nice. And always bustling because it draws people from all over just like arbor hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas