Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 12:02 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I’m not saying this isn’t true, my head is just exploding trying to reconcile how that’s even possible. Don’t Nazis preach about the pure Aryan race? So how does a Mexican mestizo get in? The very definition of mestizo is mixed race. Maybe they let him join out of sympathy? I keep thinking about Dave Chapelles black KKK character.
Was he officially part of a branch of white Nazis, or was he just some self-hating, deranged dingbat who was a Nazi in his own sick mind? It seems like the latter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 09:00 AM

573 posts, read 336,298 times
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...275364266.html

Enrique Tarrio and Nick Fuentes are very well known examples of Latino racists.

https://www.axios.com/2022/03/10/ris...panics-latinos

https://nypost.com/2022/12/04/white-...t-la-in-n-out/

If you don't believe a right wing media (NYPost) even calling Fuentes a white supremacists.... Then...

Old 05-13-2023, 04:53 PM

374 posts, read 258,383 times
I was around an African American guy who admitted he hated his own race. Some hate their own race.

Old 05-13-2023, 05:04 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,838 times
In my 13 years as a non-mexican Hispanic transplant (6 states plus my native territory), having lived in both border and non-border Texas, it has become quite clear to me that Texas Mexican-americans post-immigrant generation, have almost a reflexive hostility towards recent mexican nationals attempting to immigrate. To say nothing of the ludicrous mental gymnastics with which they attempt to assert rather labored degrees of separation between themselves and more recent mexican immigrants. The women also incur in pretty colorist and Anglo-woman assimilating behavioral and cosmetic dynamics. In short, the self-hatred in Texas among the more mestizo of mexican-americans is astounding. But we don't talk about fight club.

I saw slightly similar behavior among the very small population of mexican americans during my stay in Indiana, yet much less of that dynamic during my stay in the deeper South (Georgia and Alabama for me). In texas, it's almost cartoonishly obvious the level of self-hate. More texas exceptionalism I suppose lol.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
In my 13 years as a non-mexican Hispanic transplant (6 states plus my native territory), having lived in both border and non-border Texas, it has become quite clear to me that Texas Mexican-americans post-immigrant generation, have almost a reflexive hostility towards recent mexican nationals attempting to immigrate. To say nothing of the ludicrous mental gymnastics with which they attempt to assert rather labored degrees of separation between themselves and more recent mexican immigrants. The women also incur in pretty colorist and Anglo-woman assimilating behavioral and cosmetic dynamics. In short, the self-hatred in Texas among the more mestizo of mexican-americans is astounding. But we don't talk about fight club.

I saw slightly similar behavior among the very small population of mexican americans during my stay in Indiana, yet much less of that dynamic during my stay in the deeper South (Georgia and Alabama for me). In texas, it's almost cartoonishly obvious the level of self-hate. More texas exceptionalism I suppose lol.

I've noticed the same thing. It's as if there is an attempt by some to assimilate into an Anglo American culture that is multifaceted, in it's own right. There really is no such thing as "one size fits all".

Old 05-16-2023, 06:34 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I’m not saying this isn’t true, my head is just exploding trying to reconcile how that’s even possible. Don’t Nazis preach about the pure Aryan race? So how does a Mexican mestizo get in? The very definition of mestizo is mixed race. Maybe they let him join out of sympathy? I keep thinking about Dave Chapelles black KKK character.
Yea but hitler worked with the Japanese and Latin countries.

Old 05-16-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Yea but hitler worked with the Japanese and Latin countries.

It seemed there were exceptions made in order to "further the cause". Certain people were thinking they'd get a "free pass" for their help. These people likely lived in fear of the group they were helping.

Old 05-16-2023, 02:05 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post

I have noticed the same, ESPECIALLY in North Texas.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:59 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,172,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
Was he officially part of a branch of white Nazis, or was he just some self-hating, deranged dingbat who was a Nazi in his own sick mind? It seems like the latter.
According to snopes.com which investigated the social media account linked to the shooter which contained his photos he would not be allowed into a meeting of a real neo-nazi group.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/al...shooting-nazi/

However he might be welcome at the alt-right group that allow Tila Tequila to join.

I get why the police and the media would not publicize information about mass shooting perpetrators. The last thing these scums deserve is fame. However the victims and the community have the right to know how and why it happened even if it may not be possible to make sense of it all.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
According to snopes.com which investigated the social media account linked to the shooter which contained his photos he would not be allowed into a meeting of a real neo-nazi group.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/al...shooting-nazi/

However he might be welcome at the alt-right group that allow Tila Tequila to join.

I get why the police and the media would not publicize information about mass shooting perpetrators. The last thing these scums deserve is fame. However the victims and the community have the right to know how and why it happened even if it may not be possible to make sense of it all.

I agree. The whole thing seemed to be handled in a politicized form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas