Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:45 PM

172 posts, read 509,896 times

Advertisements

Ah yes, city on city hate at its finest. Like any of this matters in the grand scheme of things. Look at it this way, both cities have awful weather and neither of them is ever going to be considered beach front property or have a view of a moutain side. Let's just leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 03:15 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
I like the weather in Dallas and Austin. And I am not much of a beach person, but I traditionally go to the mountains to ski a couple of times per year.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I like the weather in Dallas and Austin. And I am not much of a beach person, but I traditionally go to the mountains to ski a couple of times per year.
Exactly, it works for you and I'm sure it works for a lot of people who live in Dallas and Austin. Trying to compare cities is hardly fair seeing as to how they each have their merits and each have their flaws.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:54 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
So then what is your definition of 'awful weather'?

Also I don't think Dallas people hate Austin - most everyone (except Aggies) love it..I personally wouldn't want to live there because it's just an overgrown town, there is much more to do here. But it's a wonderful place to visit and should be visited often - especially by patriotic Texans.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 AM

212 posts, read 1,154,022 times
I don't see what was so "LOL"able or deserving of an eyeroll about my response to your post. Maybe there's another reason you're having a hard time finding people to be friends with you if your real life personality is any reflection of your online one.
I do find it rather ironic that a post with the title "Why do people from Austin hate Dallas" was made by a Dallas person for the purpose of bashing Austin. Grow up.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So then what is your definition of 'awful weather'?

Also I don't think Dallas people hate Austin - most everyone (except Aggies) love it..I personally wouldn't want to live there because it's just an overgrown town, there is much more to do here. But it's a wonderful place to visit and should be visited often - especially by patriotic Texans.
I do think sweltering heat and humidity still qualifies as awful weather. Of course there is nothing anyone can do about it. Of course it is much nicer in Dallas and Austin than say some parts of the Middle East or even the humidity in Southeast Asia.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:52 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,358 times
If I could just say something here, I think it's great that Texas has such diversity of cities and what I might like isn't what someone else likes. That's the beauty of this state and everything it offers to folks. All this petty bickering over which city is better is nonsense to me. I've been away from Texas now three years, and can't wait to get back! It truly is a great place to live.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:38 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,557,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlosmTX View Post
I don't see what was so "LOL"able or deserving of an eyeroll about my response to your post. Maybe there's another reason you're having a hard time finding people to be friends with you if your real life personality is any reflection of your online one.
WHAT SHE SAID!
Don't ask for people's "thoughts" if you don't want them.

I grew up in Dallas. Spent 6 years in Austin during college years and beyond, and now live back in Dallas. To be honest, I didn't want to move back. I was IN LOVE with Austin, but also IN LOVE with my future husband who lived here, and he won out...hahaha! Now that I have been back in Dallas for 7 years, I have grown to really appreciate Dallas once again. I don't know if I will ever love Dallas as a whole the way I loved Austin...but some of that was to do with who I was at that point in my life. I loved the diversity, the sense of community, exposure to different experiences/lifestyle, and of course the beautiful scenery. I like the unique stores, It was VERY different to the Dallas suburb bubble I grew up in full of strip malls and chain restaurants, and I loved Austin for that. But now I am older, have a family, and to be honest, really like living back here at this stage in my life. I have learned that Dallas isn't as closed-minded and pretentious as my perceptions were growing up...you may have to look a little harder to find those cool, laid-back areas, the family-owned store and restaurants, the close community neighborhoods, but they are there. And somehow hidden amidst the chaos of the metroplex, they seem that much more special.
Funny aside, my most pretentious friend (who also grew up with me here in Dallas) has been in Austin since 93 and is one of those Austinites that "hate" Dallas because she thinks IT is pretentious...I can't help but laugh whenever she says that.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:16 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
you didn't find austin boooooring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
WHAT SHE SAID!
Don't ask for people's "thoughts" if you don't want them.

I grew up in Dallas. Spent 6 years in Austin during college years and beyond, and now live back in Dallas. To be honest, I didn't want to move back. I was IN LOVE with Austin, but also IN LOVE with my future husband who lived here, and he won out...hahaha! Now that I have been back in Dallas for 7 years, I have grown to really appreciate Dallas once again. I don't know if I will ever love Dallas as a whole the way I loved Austin...but some of that was to do with who I was at that point in my life. I loved the diversity, the sense of community, exposure to different experiences/lifestyle, and of course the beautiful scenery. I like the unique stores, It was VERY different to the Dallas suburb bubble I grew up in full of strip malls and chain restaurants, and I loved Austin for that. But now I am older, have a family, and to be honest, really like living back here at this stage in my life. I have learned that Dallas isn't as closed-minded and pretentious as my perceptions were growing up...you may have to look a little harder to find those cool, laid-back areas, the family-owned store and restaurants, the close community neighborhoods, but they are there. And somehow hidden amidst the chaos of the metroplex, they seem that much more special.
Funny aside, my most pretentious friend (who also grew up with me here in Dallas) has been in Austin since 93 and is one of those Austinites that "hate" Dallas because she thinks IT is pretentious...I can't help but laugh whenever she says that.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Texas is a cool state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
If I could just say something here, I think it's great that Texas has such diversity of cities and what I might like isn't what someone else likes. That's the beauty of this state and everything it offers to folks. All this petty bickering over which city is better is nonsense to me. I've been away from Texas now three years, and can't wait to get back! It truly is a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas