U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
jnk jnk started this thread

9 posts, read 31,860 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would like to know your genuine opinions on the new schools coming in coppell school district

Ref: Coppell Independent School District | News Stories

Note: See the PPT

How will affect the quality of life and house values in the near by areas like Valley Ranch and emerald valley

In general how much time it will take to complete the construction (schools)

JNK
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 04:33 PM

37,041 posts, read 41,242,318 times
Coppell has fought the zoning battle for several years and spent millions of dollars to keep the new development from being a high density living area. It look like they won on the condemnation of the land and will build a very nice facility.

I moved to Coppell for the schools & location. Both continue to improve with all the development in the area.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 AM

3,044 posts, read 11,057,954 times
my sister lives in Coppell...and loves it. But now that her daughter is nearing HS is concerned about the overcrowded situation in the current HS. She was very dissapointed that the "new" (a revamped Elem. school) HIGH SCHOOL is only going to be geared toward tech ed. Only about 200 students plan on attending this next school year. She fears Coppell is going the way of Southlake and only having 1 HS for sports etc....

Old 06-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Thanks for you replies, do you feel overall it is a benefit?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:42 PM

424 posts, read 1,705,159 times
Default New schools in Coppell

I moved to Coppell and love it as well. Only problem, we are in the portion that is in the Lewisville ISD, which the elementary and MS are good, but not like Coppell. We fell in love with the house. As of now we do private school anyway so not that big of a deal.

Long story short...I would like to see some openness to allowing kids in the Lewisville ISD that live in Coppell to attend a Coppell ISD.

Anyway, they are building a lot of new SF houses in Coppell. It won't seem as "rural" as it does now, but I can't blame people like myself for moving to Coppell. I love it!!!! It truly is a wonderful place to live. With the population continuing to grow, so it seems, I think these schools will fill up fast.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM

709 posts, read 3,254,866 times
If I'm not mistaken Emerald Valley is CFBISD and feeds into Freeman. Which is an excellent school. It has a great reputation with parents and educators alike withing the community.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:57 PM

Phase-II of emerald valley is in Coppel another good school district
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas