Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:19 PM

22 posts, read 103,569 times

Advertisements

We are considering relocating to Dallas for a job at Medical City Dallas Hospital, and would like to know what neighborhoods are within a few miles of the hospital to minimize commute time. Ideal time in traffic for me would be under 10 minutes. We would be willing to go as high as $500K for a SFH with 3-4BRs. If absolutely necessary, we will go higher than that for more recent homes to accommodate wife's preference...

Thanks.

*Dallas_Maybe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 07:31 PM

35 posts, read 233,110 times
Lots of areas around there. The Park Cities, Lake Highlands, and Richardson just to name a few. The PArk Cities area would be close and the most expensive. Lake Highlands has some nice areas and is within 10 minutes from there. You would have to do some hunting around Richardson but there are some nice homes there as well.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:42 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
You might try this neighborhood:
HNHA Website

Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM

Your responses are appreciated. We have heard of the Preston trails area, specifically to the north west of medical city / forest lane. Are there relatively 'newer' developments and subdivision with younger families in this general neighborhood? Any desirable 'gated' communities of note?

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhill4G View Post
I recommend Lake Highlands, that's where we live. The nieghborhoods and schools are great. When you do decide on a home, let me know, I write Home and Auto Insurance for a lot of people in the area. I am independent so we can use many Carriers. I would love to get you and your wife a great rate!
Thanks hollyhill: Do you have any Realtor you you'd recommend to begin a preliminary search?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Just west of the hospital there are some wonderful areas, both newer developments and older neighborhoods. Forest Lane west of 75 is nice, Forest east of 75 can get seedy, mostly due to a glut of low rent apartments.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:10 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Maybe View Post
We are considering relocating to Dallas for a job at Medical City Dallas Hospital, and would like to know what neighborhoods are within a few miles of the hospital to minimize commute time. Ideal time in traffic for me would be under 10 minutes. We would be willing to go as high as $500K for a SFH with 3-4BRs. If absolutely necessary, we will go higher than that for more recent homes to accommodate wife's preference...

Thanks.

*Dallas_Maybe
The neighborhood I live in, bordered by the 635 at the north, Forest at the south, Hillcrest at the east and Preston/Tollway at the west would be a great place for you to look. It would be a 10 minute drive max for you on surface streets, when my wife went in to labor we made it in about 7 :-)

Old 10-20-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
The neighborhood I live in, bordered by the 635 at the north, Forest at the south, Hillcrest at the east and Preston/Tollway at the west would be a great place for you to look. It would be a 10 minute drive max for you on surface streets, when my wife went in to labor we made it in about 7 :-)

rb4browns:

Thanks for the tip; are there particular zip codes or developments or subdivisions or streets you can give me to jump-start a focused search?

Sincerely:

Old 10-20-2008, 06:22 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
The are not a lot of newer subdivision type places in Dallas proper. There is Lake Forest just west of Medical City, which is a newer gated community. Houses are, I don't know, $600,000 to over a million. Don't know how many kids are in there, but I bet there are in private school. I think part of that development feeds into Dallas schools and part into Richardson schools.

There are individual homes that have been torn down and rebuilt in Dallas ("re-builds") that you might run into, but really the vast number of houses in North Dallas and Far North Dallas are 20+ years and older. Lake Forest is the site of a former corporate campus that relocated which is why it is newer.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:33 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Bluffview, Crest Haven & Cochran Hollow would be neighborhoods that I would recommend checking out as well as Preston Gate. The Enclave At Bluffview & Preston Gate are gated. Zipcode 75209 and 75230.

Lake Highland Estates is zipcode 75238. There is some tucked neighborhood off Walnut Hill called Wymberley Morgan Estates and Sparkman Club, zipcode 75229

As mentioned by others many custom builders have purchased the older homes that had large lots and built mcmansions. Many don't have much yard left and they are referred to as "zero lot line". Example is La Stada. Then there are a few homes spread around not in "subdivisions" where the same happened with builders buying the home for the lot and building larger homes such as Prestonville in 75225, Northcrest 75229

Lake Forest has only 1 home priced below 600K right now .
Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: