Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:45 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times

Advertisements

Here we have several "poop-stations" with bags available, but only few of us use them. The smell was terrible, it was dirty everywhere, so the manager decided to fine $50 if someone sees you leaving without picking.

(The other big problem is dogs off leash. I understand it's a lake but Jeessh...!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:57 PM

80 posts, read 195,084 times
I've noticed that too...people tend not to pick up. And yeah, I'm replying to a post that's over a year old...but it is annoying and even more so after I got a tiny lapdog of my own. I carry a plastic grocery bag with me whenever I walk my pup and pick up her little morsels no matter where we are. Really wish others would do the same.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 AM

254 posts, read 983,128 times
Im new here and noticed this too..everyone at home always carried a bag and picked up their dogs doo, I have really been shocked at the number of people here that dont.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
I live in the country and walk in an open field behind my house. I pick up the droppings if my girls decide to "do their business" there. People are just lazy.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,508 times
This is quite the conversation! LOL. On this topic, I'll say that we always pick up after our dogs and I agree that people who don't are being lazy and inconsiderate.

I thought this might be a good place to ask my weird question regarding pets. We are dog people who recently adopted a cat. I feel bad taking the dogs places and leaving the cat at home. I see they sell cat leashes, but I've never seen a cat out on a leash. I grew up with cats who always stayed indoors. Why don't people take their cats to the park? I'm laughing at myself as I ask this, but at the same time I am curious.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 AM

192 posts, read 594,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
That's an uber-desperate way to make money. I always said I'll never clean anyone else's **** up except for my own. And my dogs'. In the back yard I just run it over with the mulch mower. Wal-Mart bags are good for the dog doo in the front yard, esp if you go grocery shopping there- you can wind up with hundreds of them. All you have to do is open it up under it while it's squatting, then tie it up and take it back to the outdoor trash can at the house. No mess, but Dachshunds & short dogs can be more tricky. And if it's trash night in the neighborhood, you can discreetly shove the Wal-Mart bag into someone's big trash bag on the curb.
I gotta give em props for being inventive. Their ads are really cute too.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 AM

192 posts, read 594,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
This is quite the conversation! LOL. On this topic, I'll say that we always pick up after our dogs and I agree that people who don't are being lazy and inconsiderate.

I thought this might be a good place to ask my weird question regarding pets. We are dog people who recently adopted a cat. I feel bad taking the dogs places and leaving the cat at home. I see they sell cat leashes, but I've never seen a cat out on a leash. I grew up with cats who always stayed indoors. Why don't people take their cats to the park? I'm laughing at myself as I ask this, but at the same time I am curious.
I know up in Calgary, they have leash laws, even for cats. Our friend has a little leash system (my husband calls it Angus' "Rob Halford harness" since it's all black leather) all rigged up to let his cat in the backyard. Angus likes it. He can stalk birds and stuff, but he doesn't get too far from the house.

And I've seen folks up here with cat leashes, believe it or not. One lady up here walks her baby in a stroller and the cat sits on a little shelf underneath the baby. So cute!

I believe if you start the cat young, they may be more "trainable" (I'm laughing at using that word for a cat...) than waiting until they become adults and very set in their ways.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM

48 posts, read 228,287 times
When people do not clean up their dog's poo in their own back yard, they risk the dog running through it, and then walking in their house and getting on the furniture with poopy feet. Not to mention that the dog then licks his feet, then tries to kiss their owner.

I always picked up after our Yorkie in our back yard after every deposit. I didn't want the mower to grind it up because it's still there, but we'd be transferring it into the house on our shoes, and for the reasons I mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas