Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:46 PM

288 posts, read 1,191,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
Didn't seem to make much news there as they still have almost twice as many (Fortune 500 company HQ's) as Dallas and are second only to NYC.
Well there's city limits and then there's MSA.

HQs in Houston MSA: 20
HQs in DFW MSA: 24 (soon 25)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 04:49 PM

434 posts, read 1,482,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassbox View Post
You have proven time and time again to be much more biased than I am. So I would say you are in no position to give advice to anyone. This is no more of a personal attack to you than you telling me EXACTLY the same thing in your earlier posts.

Anyway, I bet people tuned you out months ago. I'm sure when a person sees the name aceplace they know that there is no reason to read any further - here comes another distorted, rose-tinted view from someone whose only objective seems to be to convince everyone that Dallas is some kind of utopia.

Get real. It only takes one trip to Dallas to figure out that Dallas is a perfectly awful place to live. I think it is important for the readers of this website to get a broader perspective than the distorted opinions of a few people who think drab places like Dallas actually are actually worth relocating to.

I feel sorry for those poor AT&T workers. I hope they know what the hell they're in for in this desolated, culture-less, soul-less waste land of an armpit of a town. Hope they like 40-mile traffic jams.

The fact that you are spending so much of your time on a Dallas forum speaks volumes about your deep love for the city.
You can become the culture czar for Dallas

Old 06-28-2008, 04:50 PM

70 posts, read 162,099 times
I think the new Dallas Cryboys stadium should be called Marlboro Stadium, that way it would have an appropriate reference to Dallas' newfound status in the sports world as being 'choke city'.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscountry View Post
The fact that you are spending so much of your time on a Dallas forum speaks volumes about your deep love for the city.
You can become the culture czar for Dallas
No. I don't love Dallas. But I do love my fellow man and I feel that it is my duty to try to do what I can to give any outsiders that may happen to come to this forum a realistic view of Dallas. Someone needs to tell it like it is.

I feel that I am doing a service to the world community by warning people what a hell hole Dallas really is.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:04 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,569 times
Quote:
Just because DFW is growing doesn't mean that it is a good place to live. No amount of growth will ever make Dallas anything more than one of the ugliest cities in the nation or give the area any beach, mountains, or culture.

Dallas is an awful place to live. No amount of population growth (or numbers on a piece of paper) will change that.

Your bias is pretty obvious as you are taking your frustrations out on me personally. I think it speaks volumes that if you can't make rational point, you have to go after the person saying it.

Dallas is flooded with envious, ignorant people like the above poster. They can't handle the fact that they might end up being sentenced to living here forever so they get rude to people who are destined to go on to better places - which isn't really all that hard since there are few place worse than Dallas.
I've lived in a number of places and chose to live in the Dallas area. I can transfer to New York, San Francisco, Sydney, London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, or any number of cities with my company... so please save the sentenced to living here speech for someone else.

Simple economics speaks to why people choose to live in Dallas. Sure price is a large component, but it's cheaper to live in Des Moines or Fargo, yet people and corporations aren't moving there in droves.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,569 times
Quote:
No. I don't love Dallas. But I do love my fellow man and I feel that it is my duty to try to do what I can to give any outsiders that may happen to come to this forum a realistic view of Dallas. Someone needs to tell it like it is.

I feel that I am doing a service to the world community by warning people what a hell hole Dallas really is.
And people can tell how much others appreciate your advice and insight by looking at your reputation on here. Keep up the good work!

Old 06-28-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
I've lived in a number of places and chose to live in the Dallas area. I can transfer to New York, San Francisco, Sydney, London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, or any number of cities with my company... so please save the sentenced to living here speech for someone else.

Simple economics speaks to why people choose to live in Dallas. Sure price is a large component, but it's cheaper to live in Des Moines or Fargo, yet people and corporations aren't moving there in droves.
I don't consider it any real victory that Dallas' competition is Des Moines and Fargo.

I can't imagine what kind of human being would choose to live in Dallas over New York, San Francisco, Sydney, London, Amsterdam or Hong Kong unless they need to be near loved ones or they have completely lost their minds.

I would not believe for a second that a normal person would choose to move to Dallas (especially over those other cities that you mentioned) because of the amenities, culture, beauty, or any other reason for that matter unless they stay heavily medicated or are lying (which I highly suspect is the case here).

Old 06-28-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
And people can tell how much others appreciate your advice and insight by looking at your reputation on here. Keep up the good work!
I only joined 2 days ago. So I'm not too surprised that I don't have any fans yet. But give me some time.

You Dallas boosters can suck each other's junk all you want and fool yourselves into believing that this city isn't one of the worst places on earth, but that still doesn't mean that you have any credibility. I think a lot of you have to try to justify your miserable lives in Dallas by telling each other that things are so wonderful, meanwhile the rest of the world is laughing at you.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:18 PM

200 posts, read 632,792 times
I personally can't wait to move to Dallas...I visited last year and loved it. I was torn beetween Houston or Dallas but I'm leaning more towards Dallas.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM

430 posts, read 1,358,988 times
Quote:

Glad you left. Thats one less hell hole to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas