Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 06:54 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,068,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
At the very least, Glassbox is creating a great about of entertainment value. I love illogical hatred for any city. The entire world things Dallas is the worst city in America? Absolutely classical. I assume you have either seen polls that you can quote or have talked to everyone in the world?

Saying that everyone that posts here is either a brain-dead toothless hick or doesn't really live in Dallas really cracks me up. To Glassbox: I'd be happy to meet you for dinner to have some brain-dead, toothless hick conversation, whatever that may be. I'm not one to jump all over someone, especially in person or at a first-time meeting (well, unless we're talking networking and you really don't have a clue - but think you do... then I can be short and to the point), so I would like to believe we could have a civil conversation. I would honestly like to hear your story. Name the day/time - we can meet at Patrizio's at Preston/Mockingbird.
Hmmmm... looks like an opportunity for true love to blossom... Glassbox falls for one of the toothless Dallas braindead hicks and learns some tolerance... maybe a good extramarital romp is all she really needs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 07:11 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
Hmmmm... looks like an opportunity for true love to blossom... Glassbox falls for one of the toothless Dallas braindead hicks and learns some tolerance... maybe a good extramarital romp is all she really needs?
HAHAHA! U are a funny man, Aceplace. Maybe you should come to keep things on the up-and-up? LOL!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
HAHAHA! U are a funny man, Aceplace. Maybe you should come to keep things on the up-and-up? LOL!
Chaperone duty? Maybe so. If things get a little too frisky, I'll tap someone on the shoulder. For extreme cases, maybe a bucket of cold water.

But despite my best efforts, true love will find its own.

But perhaps love will be fleeting and some day, LH will say those horrible words... "Hey, honey, it was just one of those things... a trip to the moon on gossamer wings... but really, just one of those things".

Poor, hurt Glassbox will give the answer you'd expect... "I knew it all along... you're just another braindead, toothless Dallas hick".

Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM

Ye-haw! I better remember to bring my chaw and get my mullet trimmed up.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Ye-haw! I better remember to bring my chaw and get my mullet trimmed up.
Be sure to polish the steer horns on your truck. That'll impress her.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:22 AM

Gotta polish my big belt buckle and boots. Maybe I should get a new hat. Went to the dentist last week. Unfortunately, I have no missing teeth, so I might just be a disappointment.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Well many of us are thinking along the same lines..perhaps Cary Grant said it best in "To Catch a Thief" to Grace Kelly: "what you need is two weeks with a good man at Niagara Falls.”

Old 06-30-2008, 03:22 PM

341 posts, read 1,018,977 times
Boys boys, lets not fight.
Please try to behave like young gentlemen and stop being so hateful.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Be sure to polish the steer horns on your truck. That'll impress her.
Ah man, you mean you don't have a 70's Caddy convertible w/ horns on the hood and a horn that sings Dixie or The Eyes of Texas. Now you know darn well that would impress the ladies I saw one the other day I reckon we could chase down and see if the feller would let ya borrow her just to impress the Yanks.

Or you could just saddle up ol Leroy and trot on over and pick her up. Now if she is wearin a skirt she gotta ride side saddle so make sure to tell her to wear her britches.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:42 PM

428 posts, read 1,396,537 times
I lived in Dallas for several years. Moved away to Miami for 2. And decided to come back.

-There is so much beach-going you can do, before you realize that what you are doing is getting free skin cancer. Also, when I wanted to go they have "bacteria days" where you cant even go into the water due to how polluted it is.
-Rude people
-Traffic that make 635, 35 and 75 at rush hour look like kindergarden
-The beach area is sort of pretty, but just drive 2 minutes inland and its plain ugly, dirty and scary.
-The weather: it rains torrencially every day at 3PM.
-Inconvenient in all aspects you can think of.

I could have moved to any major metro city in the US. But still decided to move back. Its a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas