Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 04:34 PM

4 posts, read 18,614 times

Advertisements

I have an offer to relocate to Dallas. I am currently living in Minnesota and I am wondering about hockey. I have read through many posts on this site and I have a general sense that Dallas might be a nice place to live.

I play roller hockey in the summer and ice hockey in the winter. I have found the ice hockey leagues in Dallas but I have yet to find stuff about any roller hockey. I have found some older web pages but nothing really current.

Can anybody point me to a roller hockey league? email? phone? I will be visiting Dallas in the upcoming months and would like to come check out some leagues. Also, feel free to comment on any ice leagues I should take a look at.

I participate in adult leagues up in Minnesota and I am an intermidiate player in both roller hockey and ice hockey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 PM

87 posts, read 315,623 times
Default Inline Hockey rink in Richardson

Home | Slapshot Hockey Arena and Pro Shop

Check out this place. They have inline hockey pick-up games for adults (and youth).

Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
My brother in law was in a roller league 2 years ago in Arlington.

I can get the name of the league if you like, just give me some time. We are going out of town for a week. I might be able to get the info tomorrow if our hotel room has internet access.

Best Wishes

Old 06-30-2008, 10:37 AM

4 posts, read 18,614 times
Default thanks

Mom2TwoBoys:
Thanks for the information. I don't know how I missed this site. I will definitely check out this arena. This definitely looks like what I was searching for.

Stargazer:
I would definitely like to know the name of the league. There is no hurry. I will be relocating (if I take the offer) at the end of the summer. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM

87 posts, read 315,623 times
Default You're welcome,

I just asked my husband about it,
he's a big hockey fan and plays ice. He used to play roller hockey too when we were in CA but now he just doesn't have the time with 2 kids Good luck with your relocation.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM

119 posts, read 291,942 times
People play ice hockey year-round because they all play indoors anyway since the weather doesn't allow it outside.

I know Frisco and Plano both have a strong hockey presence for adults and for kids (high schools have teams).

Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Slapshots in Richardson as mentioned above is probably going to be your best bet. The rink in Arlington used to be called slapshots but it was purchased by someone else if i'm not mistaken. Every time I played over there it was somewhat dead. I played for 2 years at Slapshots in Richardson and hoped one day I would play again before moving, but that won't be happening since i'm leaving Texas 8/30.
There use to be a small league at a place call Thunderbirds in Plano if i'm not mistaken. Either way, we use to play pick up games there. No website for it. If you are an intermediate player in Minnesota, you should be a level up better here. I played pick up with a couple of guys from Minnesota and they skate circles around most of us. Definately check out Slapshots for roller inline and for ice, the Dr. Pepper Stars Centers are all over the metroplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas