Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,284 times

Advertisements

My parents have lived in West Oak Cliff for the past 60 yrs. Unbelievable that sometimes I would visit and the front door would be unlocked and sometimes even open, with only the unlocked storm door to let in the light. Several windows open so the house could "air out" as my mother used to say. We moved there when the neighborhood was just beginning and have seen it go down with age as the residents aged, passed away, and the home changed owners. The neighborhood is mostly hispanic but they all watch out for each other just like a neighborhood should and they mostly all keep up their homes. It has always been this way and we have always felt safe as children growing up and now as adults when we sleep over (we do lock the doors at night) all this and have never had a bad thing happen in 60 years without an alarm system. How about that!! Bad things can happen in Good neighborhoods and Good things happen in "Bad" neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,215 times
I grew up in Oak Cliff (Winnetka Heights) and my parents still live in the same house. Since I was born there, 45 years ago, homes have been restored, renovated, and increased greatly in value. The Kessler Park homes have always been some of the most beautiful in the city. There are more restaurants than ever and great areas like the Bishop Arts District. Now, there is even going to be a trolley. NOC is just a few minutes from downtown Dallas. If I were to move back to Dallas, NOC would be my first choice in places to live.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrflorida View Post
I grew up in Oak Cliff (Winnetka Heights) and my parents still live in the same house. Since I was born there, 45 years ago, homes have been restored, renovated, and increased greatly in value. The Kessler Park homes have always been some of the most beautiful in the city. There are more restaurants than ever and great areas like the Bishop Arts District. Now, there is even going to be a trolley. NOC is just a few minutes from downtown Dallas. If I were to move back to Dallas, NOC would be my first choice in places to live.
I like Winnetka Heights a great deal. Very similar to the western half of the Heights in Houston, especially between 11th and 20th.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Its funny everyone judge or base an opinion of a community off of what others say. Most people that make claims about a particular area never even stepped foot in the community.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:51 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Winnetka Heights Home Tour on Saturday: Winnetka Heights Holiday Home Tour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas