Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM

27 posts, read 163,860 times

Advertisements

Is being Noth of 380 good, bad or indifferent? Ignoring any commute time as I will work from home. Do you think it is less affluent, more or the same as the rest of Mckinney?

Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 03:54 AM

434 posts, read 1,482,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaina75 View Post
Is being Noth of 380 good, bad or indifferent? Ignoring any commute time as I will work from home. Do you think it is less affluent, more or the same as the rest of Mckinney?

Thanks again!!
North of 380 on 1827 is being developed to look a lot like the "Tranquility farms development" in the Fairview area. Is that the area you are asking about? It will be for now the most affluent looking area in Mckinney(outside of living on the TPC Craig Ranch). Heavily wooded areas and 7000 square foot homes. there is about 5 developments going on over there right now.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:45 AM

32 posts, read 85,461 times
After living in Stonebridge Ranch for 8 months (moving from the Gulf Coast of Mississippi), we are very happy. At this point the best thing going for McKinney is that the temperature is 3-4 degrees cooler than other areas of the metroplex. Most of my time is spent on the west side of 75 except for trips to the library. That will change next year when a new library will open on Eldorado. There are always people on the neighborhood streets, walking, running, cycling, dog walking - even people walking home from the grocery carrying bags. It is a family oriented neighborhood. Be sure to go to Market Street while looking in September. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:50 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,237,732 times
I, too, would like to know why the poster said "not Craig Ranch". It would certainly not be because of high crime or undesirables there.....it is a very new, affluent area - the paint is still drying on most of it, in fact. It's certainly not to everyone's taste, but it is a beautiful, safe area still in the development phases. I just didn't want anyone who doesn't know the area to think it was 'on the wrong side of the tracks.' I doubt there are any tracks anywhere around, in fact!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,768 times
I live in Heights of Westridge, which is priced lower than what you are looking for so I can't really comment too much on that. I also don't know much about Prosper ISD, but my kids are in Frisco ISD and I have been very pleased with their school.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 AM

434 posts, read 1,482,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
I, too, would like to know why the poster said "not Craig Ranch". It would certainly not be because of high crime or undesirables there.....it is a very new, affluent area - the paint is still drying on most of it, in fact. It's certainly not to everyone's taste, but it is a beautiful, safe area still in the development phases. I just didn't want anyone who doesn't know the area to think it was 'on the wrong side of the tracks.' I doubt there are any tracks anywhere around, in fact!
If you are referring to me let me explain.
I was responding to the OP's question about affluence. I was stating that the development north on 1827/380 will be as top notch or better than what you see on the golf course at the TPC Craig Ranch or the KingsLake gated community in Stonebridge.

sorry if it was confusing.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:54 AM

27 posts, read 64,075 times
Thank you so much for all suggestions and recommendations, they have been very helpful. From what I have been reading we are leaning more toward Stonebridge Ranch, but I have one concern, children are bused to different schools other than in their neighborhood and I think this is true for all McKinney. What are your thoughts on it?

We have been looking in Allen as well, any thoughts.

Once again thank you.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM

583 posts, read 2,633,946 times
We are in the SBR area and I don't know any schools/subdivisions that are busing children to other campus. They build schools like crazy here so I think that is where you find the shuffling around. We are currently zoned for a school less than a mile and a half from our neighborhood but last week we just found out MISD has just purchased and plans to build a new school that connects to our neighborhood. (elementary school that will open in 2010). MISD also will open a new middle school this August so we have seen some shifting of school zones to fill that school. It is a mixed blessing--it's great that the school district is proactive about building schools to avoid over crowding but I can also see how parents/kids can be annoyed with changing schools.

Overall I do like the SBR area--it is convenient to almost anything you need. I also like Allen. We do gymnastics there so we are over there several times a week. They currently have only 1 high school and it is huge. It looks almost like a JR college.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,237,732 times
rosscountry.....no, I wasn't referring to you, but to the poster who said "anywhere but craig ranch."

Yes, McKinney DOES bus its children! There's no way to know, as far as I can tell, where your child might go to school. That's why many people buy a home in the far west end of McKinney so they are in the Frisco or Prosper school district, not McKinney school district (school districts don't go by city limits or county lines)....they want to know where their children will attend and they want them closer to home than they might be if bussed across town.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM

27 posts, read 64,075 times
Thank you for the replies.

As far the schooling, if we end up in McKinney School District we have an option to send out daughter to catholic or charter schools.
How is Frisco and Prosper School district?

Agnes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas