U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 10:29 PM

66 posts, read 373,314 times

Advertisements

I am considering placing my 2 year old at Our Reedemer Lutheran on Park. I am having trouble finding reviews on this school. I would appreciate any info! Do they assist in potty training?
Also,what would be a good,private,co ed school to attend from 6-12 grades? I am looking at Lakehill Prep vs Trinity Academy. Dallas Episcopal is too expensive.Thanks so much!!!
I'm in Prestom Hollow area but work near Las Colinas so am open to schools in the area as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 AM

6,578 posts, read 24,420,662 times
Ugh. Our Redemeer. Horrible. We lasted 6 weeks there for kindergarten and I took my child out and put him public school and it was 100x better. Others have told me their preschool age children had better experiences. Absolutely would not recommend it for K-6.

The schools you are looking at are all over the place - Addison, Lakewood, Dallas.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 PM

16,086 posts, read 39,368,891 times
I'm not a fan of Lakehill as it was formed as a reaction to threatened busing which never happened. I was in elementary school then and I know the sordid reasons and people behind it. That being said, it is a now good school which draws kids mostly from outside the immediate neighborhood. However, some kids feel they are being forced to go there by their parents and don't like that it is very small and has limited athletic and extracurricular activities.

Lakehill rarely produces National Merit Finalists or even semi-finalists. The Dallas public high schools in the neighborhoods mentioned above have a better record at that.

I do see cars going north to Preston Hollow with Lakehill stickers at times.

However, take my advice with a grain of salt as many will point out that I am biased, and I am.

Trinity Academy would seem more in the right direction for you and the difference in Trinity vs. Lakehill would be the emphasis on Christianity and Bible training.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,288 times
Default ORLS is a great place to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittypawz11 View Post
I am considering placing my 2 year old at Our Reedemer Lutheran on Park. I am having trouble finding reviews on this school. I would appreciate any info! Do they assist in potty training?
Also,what would be a good,private,co ed school to attend from 6-12 grades? I am looking at Lakehill Prep vs Trinity Academy. Dallas Episcopal is too expensive.Thanks so much!!!
I'm in Prestom Hollow area but work near Las Colinas so am open to schools in the area as well.
ORLS is a wonderful school. It's small class sizes are a perfect fit for my family and what better place to learn than in a caring environment that also teaches Christian principles. Do you really want your children going to school in a place where they can't say "God Bless You" or Merry Christmas? Their pre-school is awesome and you should see how the kids look up to the big kids. It's really neat to see. The 'big ones" know the little ones and they all help one another.

The two's teacher is wonderful, in my opinion, and she will help with potty training, but they must be trained to advance to PreK 3. There is an upcoming open house, you should come check us out, especially if money is a concern. ORLS is the best value out there!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,288 times
Love the school and the prek-2 teacher is great. She is nurturing, smart, a great teacher all around. My kids have loved her!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,528 times
Default Good School

I know a number of people who go to Our Redeemer and they are always talking about it being a good fit for their kids. Their kids are learning and happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas