Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:40 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime4net View Post
The neighborhoods in my area have Homeowner Association, so you will not get terrible looking yards and washer & dryers in the yards like the earlier post. That post sounds like they are talking about East of Josey. That area has gone down.
Actually no, it was west of Josey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 07:14 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,754,879 times
LOL! Carrollton and FB - US gang central

You say your dad is transfered from out of the US? So you probably have a hollywood inspired view of gang crimes. South Central LA, as shown in the movies and TV.

You'd be disappointed if you saw Carrollton or FB then. The worst "gang crime" there is a few Mexicans living two families in a one-family home. And they, god forbid, have fiesta once a week. The horror!!!

The thing that horrifies some wasps here and make them scream "gang" is Spanglish speaking neighbors who don't subscribe to perfect suburbia style manicured front lawns and the mom-dad-(non gay) son-daughter-1 dog-2 SUV dream.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,437 times
where i live in carrollton, there are many many gangs we have sur 13, norte 14, ms 13, 18 st, T.D.R., K.A.G, S.L.T, CRIPS, BLOODS, LATIN KINGS, FOLKS, G.D'S, S.G.D'S, GANGSTER 26, V.N.S, GOON SQUAD, GSE, AND MANY MORE THAT I DON'T KNOW THE NAMES CARROLLTON IS TURNING INTO THE NEW OAK CLIFF

Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 AM

43 posts, read 169,859 times
Wow, 16+ different gangs in a place the size of Carrollton? Although I don't scour the Carrollton media, I think we'd hear of more violence if 16+ gangs were represented there. Carrollton probably has some gang representation as would every other medium size suburb. Maybe Carrollton is the Geneva of North Texas. Ya, that's it. The place where gangs from around the land come to peacefully discuss and chart their future! That would explain why every major gang in the country is represented there (according to that guy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas