Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:50 PM

983 posts, read 4,442,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica8888 View Post
Thanks 'KittyPaw'!!

that was most helpful!....that was the info I was looking for!...

and to a previous person who responded.....Yes, there is such thing as flashy and down to earth...and in response to another post when I lived in LA I never had a problem entering a club although you are correct in saying connection is the key.

Dallas sounds like the place so far!

thanks!

I never had any problem getting in either. I made sure I rode with my friend that had a nice shiny new convertible BMW, and that we brought along her cousin that always had guys drooling over her. So soon as she got out the car we were waved right in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 08:28 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Bars close at 2 a.m. 'After hours' depends on your personality. Can you keep up?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
What are your thoughts on Station Four (night club)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittypawz11 View Post
Dallas is certainly flashy. Especially the uptown area where BMW's,Mercedes' and Range Rovers are common nature. VIP lines, bottle service,lists...I am describing uptown. The other areas of Dallas are more casual. In uptown, it is not uncommon to see celebrities such Jessica Simpson,Tony Romo,Mike Medano,Tony Parker,Lance Armstrong....
Hotel ZaZa always has someone interesting staying there and nightclubs such as Suite and Candleroom are known for the "A list" and beautiful crowd. Downtown has a bunch of trendy bars as well. St Patty's day is a huge Dallas all day fest...
Dallas is definitely a social and trendy town. I have been to all the cities on your list and I would not say any of the others you mentioned are "flashy" in the late 20's, early 30's sense.
"Flashy" cities are : Dallas,San Francisco,NYC,LA,Miami...
Some examples of more down to earth yet still trendy(but not flashy) cities are Tampa, Austin,San Diego,Tulsa,Kansas City,...
Good luck in your move.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default LA/Miami Hummmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica8888 View Post
I have been on a mission for an upscale, high energy southern city! So far nothing has turned up promising , as far as the info. I have so far gotten! Dallas, Charleston, Montgomery and Nashville were on the list. I have never spent much time in either and am bascially looking for a flashy/classy city in the south that can somewhat keep up with LA/Miami socially. Any input or suggestions? Atlanta was recommended, but that was a dissapointing for me and a little too 'urban/ghetto' for my personal taste.

thanks anyone
So you think that Los Angeles and Miami Of All Places Aren't Ghetto Hummmmmm......

Old 09-13-2008, 11:40 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:

Some examples of more down to earth yet still trendy(but not flashy) cities are Tampa, Austin,San Diego,Tulsa,Kansas City,etc...
Where's Houston in the down to earth yet trendy city list? It offers the same if not more in nightlife, shopping, & high class restaurants as Dallas without all the pretentiousness found in Big D. Actually, I much prefer shopping in one centralized location of Houston's ( MUCH larger) Galleria/Uptown area versus having to shop all over the Dallas Metro area to find what I'm looking for.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM

17 posts, read 48,321 times
How's the Hiphop/neo scene in dallas, do the people mix in the clubs like here in Houston? I'm contemplating a move from houston this winter, I thought about moving to miami but dallas has better jobs plus it'll be closer to family and friends in Houston. I always felt that Dallas was a little behind Houston in the party department, but I've only visted a handful of times so what do I know....

Old 09-14-2008, 09:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Dallas is cool and trendy. There is nothing trendy about Austin <gag>

Old 09-15-2008, 12:16 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,841,754 times
Quote:
Some examples of more down to earth yet still trendy(but not flashy) cities are Tampa, Austin,San Diego,Tulsa,Kansas City,...
Good luck in your move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Where's Houston in the down to earth yet trendy city list? It offers the same if not more in nightlife, shopping, & high class restaurants as Dallas without all the pretentiousness found in Big D. Actually, I much prefer shopping in one centralized location of Houston's ( MUCH larger) Galleria/Uptown area versus having to shop all over the Dallas Metro area to find what I'm looking for.
Yes, I'd put Houston above all those (Tampa, Austin, San Diego, Tulsa, Kansas City) without a doubt. A few of those would actually be a bore compared to Houston. And Austin's still very geared to the college crowd.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 11,396 times
Default Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
OMG - only is Dallas!
What if all these people were on a bus together and they went off road got in accident and then all have scars on faces , then I guess they would have to start a new club called The Ugle Room ...LOL just kidding here...ever see Family guy episode where he became handsom...too funny! When I first moved here I got invited to a party that only pretty people get in... the couple told me, no problem you will get in easy... I could not believe they even said that!! I said I am not going... I told them that was about the most shallow thing I ever heard someone say and left...

Old 12-25-2009, 05:59 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777DFW View Post
OMG - only is Dallas!
What if all these people were on a bus together and they went off road got in accident and then all have scars on faces , then I guess they would have to start a new club called The Ugle Room ...LOL just kidding here...ever see Family guy episode where he became handsom...too funny! When I first moved here I got invited to a party that only pretty people get in... the couple told me, no problem you will get in easy... I could not believe they even said that!! I said I am not going... I told them that was about the most shallow thing I ever heard someone say and left...

This is an old thread phil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas