Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:33 PM

60 posts, read 205,207 times

Advertisements

i'm actually THAT against twc. i'll boycott them at all costs.

thanks for the link, too!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 09:18 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacvb1974 View Post
If this list is to be believed, FiOS is available at a lot of apartments in Plano.

Plano Apartments

And a friend just toured two older properties in Irving/Las Colinas and FiOs was offered there too. A bundle for $109.
Oh Wow! I didn't know that so many of them had FiOS! That's really cool

Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 PM

60 posts, read 205,207 times
ok, so after reading more and more threads on here, i'm wondering something....

whether plano may be too conservative for me? i'm extremely liberal, and used to attending lots of events that revolve around the gay community, as well as lots of different cultural events in atlanta.

i'm not saying plano has no cultural diversity (bc i have no idea if it does or not) but i like to be near diversity, and relatively close to gay pride events, gay communities, etc.

and i'm wondering if by going north to mckinney or frisco would be similar to plano.

what about addison??

thanks!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,661 times
Addison is kind of interesting- I think it has far too few people to really have an attitude one way or another. It's only 14,000 residents and is home to a ton of corporations. not many people live here full-time.

If you want extremely liberal, you need to go to Oak Lawn in Dallas. (further and further away from your original location.)

That being said, if you live in an apartment in Plano, everyone's just going to be MYOB anyway. You don't have long-term neighbors being nosy, they'll be a lot of young people, and I don't think you'll have a real opportunity to interact with hardcore conservatives.

Plano does not have a really active gay scene though. If that's important to you, Oak Lawn it is.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeni582200 View Post
ok, so after reading more and more threads on here, i'm wondering something....

whether plano may be too conservative for me? i'm extremely liberal, and used to attending lots of events that revolve around the gay community, as well as lots of different cultural events in atlanta.

i'm not saying plano has no cultural diversity (bc i have no idea if it does or not) but i like to be near diversity, and relatively close to gay pride events, gay communities, etc.

and i'm wondering if by going north to mckinney or frisco would be similar to plano.

what about addison??

thanks!
IMO Frisco and Mckinney are going to have more in common with Plano than differences. All three are very family oriented and the majority of the homes are in newer master planned subdivisions.

From what you are saying it really does sound like Uptown, Oaklawn, or East Dallas would be a better fit for you. At the same time I don't think you will be tarred and feathered in the northern burbs for your liberal views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas