Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times

Advertisements

Well, so much for those rain storms they perdicted. LOL!!! Today is BEAUTIFUL. 61 degrees right now w/ mostly sunny skies. A light cool breeze in the air, supposed to turn from the North later on and be gusting 15-12, bummer. Anyway, windows open, sun pouring in, birds singing, kids out playing in the yard. Could not ask for a better day in January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM

437 posts, read 2,238,464 times
Oh that is my kind of weather. Thanks momof2

Old 01-27-2007, 04:10 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,860 times
What was that rain storm we had today. The rain was coming down horizontally!!

It was sunny one minute, then a butt kicking rain squall the next.

I have to admit......as someone from Socal where the weather is tops in the world, Dallas is not nearly as bad as people made it out to be before I got here.

Yes I know, Summers are hell on earth....but again, heat is not as bad to me as gloomy/cold. If there is sunshine, I can figure out the rest. Just can't imagine a world without Sunshine.....I honestly think the PacNW has the worst weather.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:39 PM

Yep, it cooled off in a hurry when the rain came in. Now 48. The rain did not make it humid but really reminded me of a mountain afternoon shower. It did pour down pretty good and quick. Keep an eye on wfaa.com and you can watch the radar, I like the animated version for the entire area so I can see which way they are moving and watch them grow or disappear.

I agree, the weather is not near as bad as people make it out to be. Sadly most of those people have never been here. I can live w/ the hot in the summer as long as there is sunshine, I totally agree there. I could not survive in the PacNW. No thank you.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:31 PM

22 posts, read 163,589 times
I have a question. When I first fell in love with Dallas, I was at a training class in Irving mid-March. Everything was already green, there were leaves on the trees, flowers were blooming, etc.

When does spring spring down here? I have some dead trees to replace and I'd like to add some additional landscaping shubbery to the front of the house, but I don't want it to die

Old 01-27-2007, 06:43 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Well, so much for those rain storms they perdicted. LOL!!! Today is BEAUTIFUL. 61 degrees right now w/ mostly sunny skies. A light cool breeze in the air, supposed to turn from the North later on and be gusting 15-12, bummer. Anyway, windows open, sun pouring in, birds singing, kids out playing in the yard. Could not ask for a better day in January.
Oh sure....I left yesterday...

Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 AM

90 posts, read 360,770 times
Default burr

Man it was beautiful yesterday. The front came through, and it changed the weather so much. It became cold, windy, and cloudy. When I woke up I saw that the sun was out, and it looked beautiful, but when I went outside it was 32 degrees!! I wish it was warm

Old 01-28-2007, 11:56 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,860 times
"When I woke up I saw that the sun was out, and it looked beautiful, but when I went outside it was 32 degrees!!"

That's funny, I did the same thing.

I went out for a walk, 5 mins later I returned and swore I had developed an ear-ache. It was cold. Pretty though. Just need hat and gloves. I just returned in from washing the car and it wasn't too bad once the washing part was done (water = ouch). Again, it' s clear and gorgeous outside.

I guess I need to start building a winter wardrobe. Now, I have a sock hat I bought at Target for 3 bucks and a jacket some supplier at a sales conference gave me.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,060 times
According to the radio this morning there's a chance of snow/sleet this weekend.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
"When I woke up I saw that the sun was out, and it looked beautiful, but when I went outside it was 32 degrees!!"

That's funny, I did the same thing.

I went out for a walk, 5 mins later I returned and swore I had developed an ear-ache. It was cold. Pretty though. Just need hat and gloves. I just returned in from washing the car and it wasn't too bad once the washing part was done (water = ouch). Again, it' s clear and gorgeous outside.

I guess I need to start building a winter wardrobe. Now, I have a sock hat I bought at Target for 3 bucks and a jacket some supplier at a sales conference gave me.

At least the sun is out. But this morning it was bitter cold. BRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I swear this is the longest I have had to wear a coat. Last year I got by w/ nothing but light jackets and sweaters. A pair of gloves yes, as if I keep my hands and feet warm than I am okay.

Now is a good time to build up that winter wardrobe, everything is on sale. HUGE sales. Buy a coat now if you find one you like at the right price. LOL!!! I bought a swimsuit today for one child. hahahahaha

Yes, freezing weather and percipitation is expected later this week. NO!!!!!!!!!! They finally got the roads cleaned up from the last one. YUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas