Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2007, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,367 times

Advertisements

I need some input from anyone out there that has had similar issues. I have been in my home going on 6yrs now. I missed 1 mortgage payment in April 06 and was consitantly 1 mo behind. In Sept 06 I received a new payment booklet stating Oct 06 start paying a lower amount (53.00 diff). I made Oct, Nov & Dec at new amount and then made an extra payment in Dec at old amount. In my mind, that brought me current. On Dec 14th, I received a notice stating they were foreclosing on my home and for me to contact their attorney, sell date had been set for 2/2/06. When I called the attorney, they informed me I hadn't paid for the past 4 mo. My bank forwarded documentation that I had in fact paid and for the next 2 weeks was told to wait to see what their research of this matter told them. After 2 weeks of calling on a daily basis, I went other routes. I ended up at Consumer Credit Counceling. They guided me thru the Loss Mitigation procedures and I completed all the required forms. My mortgage company left out part of the income I receive from my mother stating it wasn't provided in the proper format to be considered, needless to say, I didn't qualify for any Loan Modification or repayment package. During this time, they had sent me back the 4 payments they said they never received. Thank goodness for my tax return. I am going to pay back all they say I owe them but am now looking for an attorney to handle this case. Any ideas, referrals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 11:12 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,916 times
I can't offer you a refferal, I've not needed a real estate attourney here yet, but I will say that seeking legal council is a VERY good idea. Keep every document you can, and if possible record any conversations with the mortgage company from now on, along with plenty of notes. (Many answering machines offer the ability to record conversations, and Radio Shack offers stand alone units as well. Just remember to be upront in informing the representatives of the mortgage company that you too are recording the conversation.)

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas