U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:18 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,080,504 times

Advertisements

Yeah Frisco is a pretty boring place. Nothing there but a mall and an IKEA. Same with McKinney but McKinney has no mall. With the Parks Mall, Arlington would still have Six Flags and Wet 'n Wild. It is real close to Fort Worth, too. There is prairie in between Frisco and McKinney.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,920,442 times
Frisco has Dr. Pepper stadium and host soccer games. I believe a minor league baseball team also plays there. They are also building the Grand Park, which will emulate central park in NYC. And I don't think you can call Stonebriar a 'mall'. It's one of the nicest malls I've seen and I get around.

Frisco is an excellent safe/clean (and now expensive) family friendly spot.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Stonebriar is mall. Just like Northpark is a mall, and Houston's Galleria is a mall. Those malls may not be like Grapevine or Katy Mills Mall, nor may they be like the dump they call Six Flags Mall, but they are malls.

I forgot about FC Dallas' stadium. Bad location for a pro-team, though.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:24 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,353,604 times
>> They are also building the Grand Park, which will emulate central park in NYC <<

sounds neat, where is it located?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 AM

Stonebriar is mall. Just like Northpark is a mall, and Houston's Galleria is a mall. Those malls may not be like Grapevine or Katy Mills Mall, nor may they be like the dump they call Six Flags Mall, but they are malls.

I forgot about FC Dallas' stadium. Bad location for a pro-team, though.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:41 AM

"sounds neat, where is it located?"

Go to the Frisco Online forums, then look under the areas, pick "Pearson Farms"

It is east of Legacy and goes up to main st.

The map is located in the forum I mentioned above.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:49 AM

14,862 posts, read 40,509,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Frisco has Dr. Pepper stadium and host soccer games. I believe a minor league baseball team also plays there. They are also building the Grand Park, which will emulate central park in NYC. And I don't think you can call Stonebriar a 'mall'. It's one of the nicest malls I've seen and I get around.

Frisco is an excellent safe/clean (and now expensive) family friendly spot.
Frisco is home to the Texas Tornado (minor league ice hockey), the Texas Roughriders (minor league baseball w/ a STRONG following), and the Dallas Burn (MLS soccer), along w/ the nice outdoor bike track. Lots of big name artists (music) come in to play at the Pizza Hut stadium in Frisco. The Dallas Stars also practice at the Dr Pepper Stars Center in Frisco (NHL hockey). So there is A LOT more to Frisco than just "a mall".

As for the crime in Frisco. You also have to consider how much of these crimes (thefts most likely) occur on construction sites. That is a HUGE problem no matter where. While the large mall does attract a criminal element if it is a popular mall that always has a ton of cars in the parking lot.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,446,274 times
Hey I just found this thread! Yes unfortunatly the realtor was murdered over off of Custer by some construction crew man. It is so sad!

I know a lady who was robbed over at Sam Moon in front of the Stonebriar Centre. She had went into Sam Moon and had left all her Creative Memories scrap booking materials out and they broke in and took them all. They took over 600 dollars worth. She was just sick.

I can see why crooks like Stonebriar, it is a great mall with tons of upscale shopping which attracts many people. Just sad to me why we have to live in a world where people don't care about who they hurt or take away from them.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:40 PM

Frisco is pretty progressive with regards to control (building, architecture, HOA, Parks, green space, school standings, corporate incentives, etc.) . I believe this will not be a problem for long. They cannot allow this to become a high crime area and tarnish their image before the build out is done.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM

549 posts, read 2,111,673 times
I wonder how many car damage there would be if all the homes were front entry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas