Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 04:30 AM

3 posts, read 38,436 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 yr old female who will be moving to irving Texas by the end of August for a new job. My job will be located in the 75063 zip code area (Las Colinas). I want to know the best apartments to live in that area (75063) or Irving in general. I am willing to pay a max of $1200/month for either a 1 bedroom/1 bath or 2 bedroom/2 baths. My number one concern is safety. Also, a place that is not too noisy would be appreciated. Your honest opinion of apartment complexes in the area would be helpful to me.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
there are web sites that let you check crime numbers by town/zip code
you can google for one of those
think that area of Irving is pretty safe but as single female you know there are certain things you should always do to maximize your safety...
don't know Irving/Las Colinas that well although I worked there for short time years ago and we occassionally go there to eat...

think you should find nice property in that price range -- especially for 1/1 unit--
but there is no public transportation in that area--you will require a car--finding someplace with a garage vs parking lot vs covered parking will be more difficult...
nicer groceries are Tom Thumbs
don't think there is Market Street or City Market in that area
Frisco is not that far on 121 -- Stonelbriar Mall/Ikea store
Lewisville Vista Ridge Mall

Old 08-17-2008, 03:13 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown82 View Post
I am a 25 yr old female who will be moving to irving Texas by the end of August for a new job. My job will be located in the 75063 zip code area (Las Colinas). I want to know the best apartments to live in that area (75063) or Irving in general. I am willing to pay a max of $1200/month for either a 1 bedroom/1 bath or 2 bedroom/2 baths. My number one concern is safety. Also, a place that is not too noisy would be appreciated. Your honest opinion of apartment complexes in the area would be helpful to me.
Thank you!
You may want to consider the Valley Ranch area. There are numerous apartment complexes offering good amenities and most are well kept and secure, several have garages. The area also has many shopping centers and restaurants nearby. Las Colinas is a 10-15 minute drive to the south. If you go to Google Maps, Valley Ranch is the area along North MacArthur Blvd between Highway 114 and Belt Line Rd in Irving 75063.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the replies ...... but any specific apartments that any of you could recommend?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 PM

4 posts, read 38,354 times
I work and live in Las Colinas so I know the area pretty well. I would recommend looking at new apartment buildings around Lake Carolyn such as The Loft (Apartment in Irving, Texas | The Lofts at Las Colinas | Lofts in Dallas Area | Las Colinas Apartment) or Delante (www.delantestyle.com). There are several others around the area as there are a growing number of young professionals living in Las Colinas. You shouldn’t have any concern with security in Las Colinas. There are other complexes on MacArthur so there are plenty of choices.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,387,317 times
My brother lives in the Chaparral Creek apts in that neighborhood and he likes it very much.
3701 N O Connor Rd just north of W Northgate Dr.
Irving, TX 75062
(972) 717-5100

Old 08-17-2008, 11:18 PM

339 posts, read 1,436,080 times
I have a friend who lives at Delante and he likes it very much. He toured Lofts at Las Colinas and also spoke highly of that property. He has lived/worked off and on all over that area, for the last 6 years and has had no problems.

And I used to live at the Cabochon, on the far east side. My experiences on that side of the building seemed very different from the complaints I heard from folks on the west side, in the towers. Management was VERY crappy, but as far as safety issues go, I felt more than comfortable as a single female walking around the grounds even late at night. (Dogs and their pesky bladders, lol.) After a year at the Cab, I moved across the street to the Treviso and also felt very very safe there. In the 2 yrs I lived in Las Colinas, the only crime I experienced was a stolen bicycle.

I really think anywhere along Lake Carolyn, unless it's radically changed since I lived there, is a safe place. Because there are a lot of young singles that live in the canal apartments, parties are common but I never experienced a noise level that interfered with sleep or ever got truly out of control. Common sense says to avoid living near/over a pool as a lot of the potential rowdiness occurs there. Even the stuffy Treviso had some issues with the pool crowd but they began to crack down on that. I'm not sure it's still there, but the Italian Cafe drinkers could get rambunctious late at night too, but again, nothing that I found disrespectful to tenants.

I also enjoy the area that bjh mentioned, just south on O'Connor. Between a home purchase, my own parents may end up renting at Chaparral and they're fairly picky since adjusting to apt life can be daunting. They toured gabunches of properties in the area and really liked Chaparral. But they love that whole area and the central location which is even more ideal, IMO, than Valley Ranch.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 AM

Thank you guys so much ! I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas