Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

What is your point? Those are rich enough areas and the rest of Frisco is very nice-upper middle class...nice classy city...

Have you been to highland village.....what is the range for those homes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityconvo View Post
Yes, but that does not necessarily mean they earn over a million per year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 10:43 PM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
^ The only thing I was saying is that you do not have to be a millionaire to live in a million dollar home. Nothing more, nothing less. Not sure about the home prices in Highland Village.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityconvo View Post
^ The only thing I was saying is that you do not have to be a millionaire to live in a million dollar home. Nothing more, nothing less. Not sure about the home prices in Highland Village.
And you certainly don't have to be a millionaire to live in HP. In fact, one of my co-workers who certainly is not a millionaire just moved to a $600k house in Highland Park.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 AM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dover7702 View Post
I am thinking of starting a new life in Texas. I have read many good things about the cost of housing in Frisco. I am 39yrs old and have lived in Orange County, Ca all my life. I work as a Sales Rep for a Building material Supplier and things are very slow. I sold my house back in 2005 at the top of the market and have kept it in Cd's. The Money I have can Pay for a house outright. I am not worried about the weather since I go to the river alot and enjoy the heat and sun. I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan and I was raised listening to Waylon Jennings, so hopfully have some things in common with the Locals.

I am worried about a Job though. I have a good resume for selling Building materials to the Industrial Commerical market but I am not sure if it is the same as So.Cal. The Market here is slow, but when it is good its really good.

If anyone can give me any information on the companies out there that would be great. For that matter any info on The Dallas Fortworth area in general would be appreciated too.

Thanks,
I moved to Dallas from Orange County too. The Dallas area is full of transplants from California(especially in Collin county where Frisco is). The first thing you will notice is that the cost of living here is much lower than it is in California. You can get a larger house for less money here. Frisco is an awesome place to live! It is growing a lot and almsot everything there is new. It has every store and restauant you can think off. There is a ton of new housing developments with some really nice,good quality, and affordable houses. The city is very progressive and the people there are wonderful! It is very family-oriented and a very safe area compared to some places in Dallas. If you're in the construction business(selling materials) then you are in the right place because like I said, the whole area is growing a lot and there is a lot of new construction going on everywhere. Hope this helps!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 PM

24 posts, read 72,280 times
Honestly, I just moved to San Antonio, TX (where they are just as crazy about the Dallas Cowboys... not so much the Mavs). Northwest and Northeast San Antonio are growing way more than the Frisco area and Dallas for that matter. It's a great place to purchase alot of home for next to nothing. Here's some links to find great homes here in the area AND some other info on what's "hott" in San Antonio.

MYSA.COM, GO TO REAL ESTATE
http://realestate.mysanantonio.com/sales/SearchResults.asp

SHOPPING & ENTERTAINMENT
A couple of years ago shopping and entertainment didn't seem to move outside of downtown S.A.; however, now with the additions of The Shops at La Cantera and The Rim shopping center... San Antonio is quickly becoming the place to "shoppertain" in Texas. Plus, it's smaller with alot less traffic than the Dallas/FT. Worth area. Also, you may be familiar with Harry's Pacific Grille based in California and San Antonio is getting the first location outside of California.

http://www.theshopsatlacantera.com/html/index19.asp
http://dallas.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2008/04/14/daily33.html
http://www.costar.com/News/Article.aspx?id=A792DCEB9DFAC5A681A84E33B92E973F&r ef=1&src=rss

WORKING
There are plenty of jobs here in San Antonio! Money is great and getting better. Valero energy corp. is located here was listed on Forbes as one of the best places to work for.

LIVING
There are building amazing condos in the Alamo Heights area near the Quarry Shopping Center and also at La Cantera phase two, and The Rim development. If you google these area you will find more information. Some of the really nice places to live in San Antonio are in these areas:

Alamo Heights http://www.ci.alamo-heights.tx.us/

The Dominion http://www.the-dominion.com/toc2.aspx?sid=1&pid=80

Stoneoak http://sanantonio.about.com/od/neighborhoods/p/stoneoak.htm

Helotes (very private living in the Hill Country of Texas) http://hookedonhelotes.com/

Broadway and Hildebrand area (next to the Alamo Heights area, it's a very "artsy" part of the city with cute shops/boutiques and nice homes; very pedestrian friendly part of town) http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/computer-software-management/1146936-1.html

Maybe you'll change your mind and decide to move deeper to the HEART of Texas

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
Quote:
I am thinking of starting a new life in Texas. I have read many good things about the cost of housing in Frisco. I am 39yrs old and have lived in Orange County, Ca all my life. I work as a Sales Rep for a Building material Supplier and things are very slow. I sold my house back in 2005 at the top of the market and have kept it in Cd's. The Money I have can Pay for a house outright. I am not worried about the weather since I go to the river alot and enjoy the heat and sun. I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan and I was raised listening to Waylon Jennings, so hopfully have some things in common with the Locals.

I am worried about a Job though. I have a good resume for selling Building materials to the Industrial Commerical market but I am not sure if it is the same as So.Cal. The Market here is slow, but when it is good its really good.

If anyone can give me any information on the companies out there that would be great. For that matter any info on The Dallas Fortworth area in general would be appreciated too.

Thanks,
Dover,

Check www.topbuildingjobs.com most reputable local builders and building material companies put their adds on here looking for talent. You can post your resume on there as well.

Good luck,

Naima

Old 08-22-2008, 11:30 PM

434 posts, read 1,482,272 times
Quote:

Thanks,

Frisco is great but you are going to be in for a long drive to the current and New TX stadium in Arlington, TX..
If distance and traffic are a concern for you I suggest that you keep looking as there are TONS of NICE options at a very affordable $80-$200 a square foot available all around the metroplex that will have some(maybe not as much but good enough) of the retail options etc that Frisco has.

Cowboys!!

Last edited by rosscountry; 08-22-2008 at 11:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas