Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:25 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times

Advertisements

Hey just for the record, I don't believe that all Catholics are Christians but I also believe that not all Methodist, Baptist, Assemblies of God, Pentecostal, Lutherns, Episcopalians and Presbyterians are Christians either. Did I leave any major faith out? Those are just denominations that are in the Christian religion. What makes someone a christian is a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and having salvation. John 3 is an excellent source for this. There are many people who grow in church, know the bible but don't apply it to their lives and they refuse to allow Christ to work in them. I was no different and rejected Christ. I grew up in the Pentecostal faith but I chose to not have Christ in my life. When I met my husband who grew up Catholic, he had chosen to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and had recieved salvation after reading a book by Nickie Cruz called Run Baby Run, after reading it he asked Christ in his life.
Infact he would mail me books on having a Christian relationship and how we should wait and have a non sexual relationship before marriage. My mother was in tears with gladness when I would get books like this. His faith and love for Christ set a seal of approval from my mother and my dad who was a one time pastor of a small trinitarian pentecostal church. During this time, I had to sort my feelings out with my anger towards God and what I felt was dogmatic and what I saw with people in Church. I came out of the hate I was feeling and into loving God and committed myself to Jesus Christ. I don't know if that could have happened if I did not have my husband.
We need to get to the basics of what our faith is about and not allow walls to seperate us. Each farmer tends his own field set within the walls and perimeters of their lot and as the crop grows and grow and reaches the sky you can not see the walls at all. That is how God sees it. Each farmer is tending his fields, all though are bringing in a harvest, which is the GOOD NEWS.

I love all denominations who make a stand for Christ. We all have differences but we must learn to see it as God sees us and I personally ask that you strive to follow Christ today. John 3 as I said is excellent.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:01 AM

55 posts, read 324,607 times
What if he was Orthodox Christian and from Russia? Would you use his services if he could practice TX law?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panam View Post
What if he was Orthodox Christian and from Russia? Would you use his services if he could practice TX law?
What does it really matter to you? It really shows how hypocritical people are when they say they want to live in a "diverse" area that is "open and accepting" yet they show their own closemindedness when things like this come up. If you REALLY were so "open" to others and their differences then you would not care about such requests. So the poster wants a Christian attorney what gives you the right to judge them on that?

Old 02-01-2007, 03:46 PM

39 posts, read 172,318 times
Default Nice try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panam View Post
Why does he have to be Christian? Can't a Catholic who studied the same law here give you the same service?
You might want to study history as roman catholics were the first christians as for as history has recorded. Thats ok as many people think baptist are mormons. Go figure.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:35 PM

55 posts, read 324,607 times
momof2dfw,
Because i know a Russian orthodox christian lawyer that i can recommend to this person. I dont know why you've directed hostility toward me? I didn;t ask for your uneducated, baseless characterizations.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
Moderator - Looks like it's time to lock this one. Could get ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: