Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 05:28 PM

16 posts, read 34,409 times

Advertisements

I'm a conservative Christian guy considering moving to Dallas in the near future. Coming from Seattle I'm looking for more sun, more conservatives, lower cost of living, friendlier folks, Christian women, etc. I'm originally from Idaho, so Seattle has been quite a shock for me.

Could someone please provide their input as to whether this could be a good move as it relates to the above criteria? And what are the prospects for single, Christian women 25-35?

I'm also considering Denver, Charlotte, and Nashville, so if you have any comments about those areas, please feel free to share!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 06:10 PM

60 posts, read 205,175 times
ummm charlotte.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:51 PM

172 posts, read 559,236 times
Hey there Clint, Dallas is a great place as is Nashville and Charlotte. I think you would do well to look in the northern suburbs. My brother lives in McKinney but they go to this rockin church in Frisco, Celebration Covenant. I went with them one Sunday and i was amazed. Now mind you, we grew up as traditional Episcopalians so I sort of felt like i was at a Christian Rock Concert, plus there is a coffee shop in the lobby. LOL. There we a lot of young single people at this church so i don't think you would have a problem meeting anyone.

I think you will find that we are pretty friendly bunch. The metroplex is a mixture of conservative and liberal but we all get along pretty well. It's all about respect.

Besides the church I mentioned there are a lot of large evangelical churches in the area, but they do tend to be in the suburbs. I think if you lived in an apartment complex you would meet a lot of other single people. Don't let anyone scare you off...have faith and make the move.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,433,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintsmyth View Post
I'm a conservative Christian guy considering moving to Dallas in the near future. Coming from Seattle I'm looking for more sun, more conservatives, lower cost of living, friendlier folks, Christian women, etc. I'm originally from Idaho, so Seattle has been quite a shock for me.

Could someone please provide their input as to whether this could be a good move as it relates to the above criteria? And what are the prospects for single, Christian women 25-35?

I'm also considering Denver, Charlotte, and Nashville, so if you have any comments about those areas, please feel free to share!

Thanks in advance!
As others have said Dallas would well meet your needs. We do have a good mix of liberal and conservative here (and weird Liberterians like myself). Like Sparkman I'm an Episcopalian, but there are lots of churches of all stripes in the area.

I think my advice to Liberal,m and Conservative, Christian, Other faith, or Atheist would be the same about Dallas. If you want lots of people with your view... we got em, if you want ot be surrounded ONLY by people of your view... Dallas probably isn't for you.

Form what you have said it sounds like it might well be for you.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Regardless of where you move, the best place to find a woman would be at church. Dallas is a huge area, and we really have a bit of everything. The atmosphere really depends on what area you are in. The suburbs, particularly Plano and Rockwall are conservative. Dallas also has its more liberal areas.

Are you from a larger city in Idaho or a more rural area. Seattle is a very liberal city, but even just going from country to city can be culture shock.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
I don't think you will have any issue of living here in Dallas Fort Worth. I don't know what your denomination is, so I can't point you to a certain church, however wanted to share that many mainstream churches here have singles groups. Are you moving out here on your own? Best wishes!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 AM

625 posts, read 1,955,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
Regardless of where you move, the best place to find a woman would be at church. Dallas is a huge area, and we really have a bit of everything. The atmosphere really depends on what area you are in. The suburbs, particularly Plano and Rockwall are conservative. Dallas also has its more liberal areas.

Are you from a larger city in Idaho or a more rural area. Seattle is a very liberal city, but even just going from country to city can be culture shock.
Plano is not really conservative, but you should be fine in Dallas. There are tons of churches of all denominations (WAY more than anywhere else I've been in the country), so you will definitely find something that fits your needs.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:36 PM

16 posts, read 34,409 times
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Very helpful.

I don't associate myself with any specific Christian denomiation. I've historically attended mostly non-denom Bible Churches, but did grow up in a Baptist church. I would be willing to check out any non-charismatic churches and would appreciate any recommendations of churches with a larger young professional or post-college group.

Also, I work in Treasury and have been in touch with a recruiter in the Dallas area, but don't have any solid leads yet. I would be willing to consider a senior Treasury Analyst or Treausry Manager position. If anyone hears of an opening I would be grateful if you could pass it along privately.

Thanks again for the comments!

Clint

Old 08-23-2008, 07:01 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
You would fit great in at one of the Fellowship churches around the area. They are non denominational and non charismatic. The large one over in Grapevine is HUGE.
Fellowship Church. They have satelitte churches around the metroplex too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas