Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:35 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times

Advertisements

I did some searching in the Frisco area and could not find anything in a reasonable price range that sat on more than a quarter acre. Some sat on even less than that. In a smaller 3/2 a quarter acre might give you about 8 feet between homes. Bigger homes there may be as little as 3-4. There are tons of homes in your price and age range, but the lot size is the real kicker.

As Murphy said some cities have a minimum lot size. I could not imagine commuting between Sunnyvale and Frisco. The commute between Parker of Murphy and Frisco is a more reasonable. You might also look north of Frisco, those places have not blown up yet so land prices should be cheaper and therefore lots may be bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 AM

115 posts, read 310,075 times
Frisco is a big foreclosure spot right now. You may be able to get a great home for a low price. All houses are about the same unless you have $600K or more. I would stay outside Frisco, perhaps Prosper. You can get a nice .3 acre lot with a good home for your price range.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 PM

11 posts, read 45,490 times
Thanks to everyone for all of your input so far!

As Kimberland suggested, I looked at some homes online in the Prosper area and it looks like there are some really nice ones. I looked at the subdivision called "Lakes of La Cima". Can anyone tell me anything more about this area? The schools all seem to be ranked pretty high.

Thoughts?

-OT

Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawturtle View Post
Thanks to everyone for all of your input so far!

As Kimberland suggested, I looked at some homes online in the Prosper area and it looks like there are some really nice ones. I looked at the subdivision called "Lakes of La Cima". Can anyone tell me anything more about this area? The schools all seem to be ranked pretty high.

Thoughts?

-OT
Lakes of La Cima is a master planned community that has been around since 2003. Some of the builders were Graham Hart, Newcastle, Gallery. The HOA is $900 a year and covers the community pool and common areas.

The location is great just east of the NE quadrant of Preston and 380. They are building a mall at the intersection too. The entire area is booming.

The school district is driving the area. There are 5 schools in the district and 2 are rated exemplary (elementary) and 3 are rated recognized. The ISD wants to keep it as a small environment for better learning. There is a lot of parental involvement.

I have heard from a few people that they are a bit stern with the students...

Welcome to Prosper ISD
www.greatschools.net

Naima

Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 PM

11 posts, read 45,490 times
Any thoughts on a good realtor in the area? I am always open for PMs with referrals!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 PM

869 posts, read 2,953,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I could not imagine commuting between Sunnyvale and Frisco.
I would only recommend this to a true saint. I don't even like making the occasional drive to hit up Ikea or Pizza Hut Park. And I love me some Ikea and soccer.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 PM

8 posts, read 15,438 times
We live in Lone Star Ranch, off Lebanon, just east of 423. The Stone Creek subdivision has some custom homes, though I don't know if they'll fit in your price range. The other subdivisions within the neighborhood would fit the price range, but you might not be happy with the lot sizes. There are greenbelts for biking and walking, though, and some nice water features. The elementary school, Bledsoe, is excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas