Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:31 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
I found a place and I love the area! Well I originally had settled on Village Apts but decided to look at one more place and I was sold!
I chose to live in Valley Ranch, it is absolutely beautiful.

So far I have nothing but good to report about Dallas. Now I admit I was stepping outside and saying "Whew" to the heat and humidity, but today it was absolutely lovely downtown around 11:30 a.m. I literally sat outside and people watched for over an hour while waiting on my ride. I must have been spoken to about 25 times. In L.A. people avoid eye contact so to not have to speak.

I had some new food experiences also like Salt Grass and it was pretty good. I had the baby back ribs! Yummy

Had nothing but great experiences with traffic. I literally didn't see any crazy driving! I think what you expect is what you project. And I was doing some driving in my friend's F150. I drove from Grapevine to Forest Ln in Dallas and back. I drove from Grapevine to Irving and back (not far). We drove from Grapevine to Amici Di Opera steering committee meeting which I had no intentions of attending but was dragged there. And I am so glad I went. This was such a nice experience to witness such a diverse group of people come together in the name of Opera. Think Imma become a member also. Great group of people!

So to all the Dallas haters, I don't know what ya talkin about!

Oh and to the question about apt locators it was promove.
Texas>CA by far. Can't wait to move down there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Good Luck -- have a tequila shot for courage.

My texas tea at Salt Grass had tequila in it I think .

And mucho gracias everyone, I am pretty excited and looking forward to new adventures!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:17 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
<< Yes Lakewooder, Lakewood is definitely on the list!>>

So what did you think of Lakewood?

Glad you found a place to hang your hat at Valley Ranch.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:31 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
I found a place and I love the area! Well I originally had settled on Village Apts but decided to look at one more place and I was sold!
I chose to live in Valley Ranch, it is absolutely beautiful.

So far I have nothing but good to report about Dallas. Now I admit I was stepping outside and saying "Whew" to the heat and humidity, but today it was absolutely lovely downtown around 11:30 a.m. I literally sat outside and people watched for over an hour while waiting on my ride. I must have been spoken to about 25 times. In L.A. people avoid eye contact so to not have to speak.

I had some new food experiences also like Salt Grass and it was pretty good. I had the baby back ribs! Yummy

Had nothing but great experiences with traffic. I literally didn't see any crazy driving! I think what you expect is what you project. And I was doing some driving in my friend's F150. I drove from Grapevine to Forest Ln in Dallas and back. I drove from Grapevine to Irving and back (not far). We drove from Grapevine to Amici Di Opera steering committee meeting which I had no intentions of attending but was dragged there. And I am so glad I went. This was such a nice experience to witness such a diverse group of people come together in the name of Opera. Think Imma become a member also. Great group of people!

So to all the Dallas haters, I don't know what ya talkin about!

Oh and to the question about apt locators it was promove.
You will find many people here that moved here from California. Glad to hear that you like Dallas as it is a wonderful city and the Valley Ranch area is very nice.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
<< Yes Lakewooder, Lakewood is definitely on the list!>>

So what did you think of Lakewood?

Glad you found a place to hang your hat at Valley Ranch.
Oops never made it to Lakewood but it's on my to do list

Also I am so excited to be going to the Cowboys/Skins game! I scored a ticket on stubhub for $119 for lower level end zone. Hope it's a good price??? I have some friends that come out every year from DC so they probably will be booing me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas