Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:44 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times

Advertisements

That Valentines Day snow was pretty awesome. Up here at my house in Denton County, I had about 4-5 inches on my deck out back.
Today at about 2pm, had to drop the car off to get inspected and on the way from there to Kroger, it was raining but mixing with sleet. Started grocery shopping and happened to look out around 2.30 and it was coming down with big flakes. I think the whole grocery store was getting excited watching it fall outside! We've still got a light dusting outside on the deck and yard and the news says we could see more by morning. The National Weather Service website says they'll be monitoring tonight to see if they have to put out some warnings b/c 1-2 inches could be possible in some areas. I'm getting ready for that b/c they sure got today's forecast all wrong again. It was supposed to be up to 45 with some peeks of sun..oh well..how 'bout 33 and some peeks of snow/sleet?? I know Momof2DFW..I should give them a break..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
I'm new here....someone project to me what March will look like. I think I'm already done with Feb as it appears to be the worst month of the year here for weather (as it is just about anywhere else as well).

Old 02-02-2007, 07:46 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Well, this morning they are reporting all kinds of wrecks and highway closures due to accidents. Over in my neck of the woods the roads are clear, not even wet. No highway or road closures and the sun is shining. Sadly, I'm getting ready to leave to head out for the day. Oh please tell me I can get thru the madness. LOL!!! If you read this anytime soon this morning go to wfaa.com or nbc5i.com and check out the traffic reports to see how bad it is. The areas that are having the problems are typically the ones that always do.

As for March........ man, that is hit or miss. It is Spring Break that month and I'm heading to the beach and a warmer climate. I've seen it snow and really bad on the Sunday of our spring break one year, 9 years ago. Or it could be nice and sunny and everyone wearing shorts. This is when you want your pool heated so the kids can swim while home over spring break.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:17 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
I'm going down to either Galveston or Los Angeles for Spring Break. Between the two, I would rather go to Los Angeles but last year it was cold, wet, and rainy the whole week.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Feb and March are typically the wettest/coldest months for Socal. April is warmer, but still a little wet. By the time May rolls around, the weather is incredible and everything is lush. Air is clean. By september, your praying for it to cool off.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 PM

5 posts, read 19,803 times
I am bummed because we are flying in to Dallas tomorrow morning at 7:30 to look for houses. We are from Florida so my son has never seen snow. I was hoping that he would see some while we were visiting.

We are planning to move in March so it looks like we will have missed out on the snow. Does it snow every year or is this strange.

As for the heat and wanting it to cool off in September. I just found out I am pregnant and due Sept 22. Totally thrilled that I will be huge during the hottest time of the year. lol.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:39 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,916 times
It'll be a miserable summer, but Congrats sprkels!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:02 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
It usually snows every year. People from my school said that every year they get one or two days off because of snow. It usually always happens now.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 PM

"I just found out I am pregnant and due Sept 22. Totally thrilled that I will be huge during the hottest time of the year."

I can see your summer cooling bill now :-)

Old 02-02-2007, 04:48 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Feb and March are typically the wettest/coldest months for Socal. April is warmer, but still a little wet. By the time May rolls around, the weather is incredible and everything is lush. Air is clean. By september, your praying for it to cool off.
don't forget June gloom.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas