Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:41 PM

261 posts, read 1,515,878 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Dallas late last year and now i find myself dealing with all these allergies. Prior to the move, I never had any allergies.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
I find it odd that we are in September and am getting hit it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 04:00 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,665 times
Ragweed is high right now, perhaps that's it? Where did you move from? Maybe it wasn't as bad there.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:08 PM

261 posts, read 1,515,878 times
Default Alleriges in TX

I moved from New York. I never had any type of allergies there.
So what months or times of year are allergies most common in TX?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:20 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzherenow View Post
I just moved to Dallas late last year and now i find myself dealing with all these allergies. Prior to the move, I never had any allergies.
I had terrible spring allergies here and they have been moderately bad the past few weeks. You are not alone.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,978 times
Quote:
To quote the song, "You ain't seen nuthin yet".

Wait till Christmas time when mountain cedar rears its ugly head. That's the absolute worst!

I had allergies before I moved and they're actually better here for most of the year, except mountain cedar. I take allegra for most of the year, but I have to supplement it around Christmas with a nasal spray.

One other thing I heard is that if you eat some local honey that it's a homeopathic remedy. I don't know how true it is, but it's not like it tastes bad, so it's worth trying

Old 09-07-2008, 12:46 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Hi Rob,

I never had allergies before I moved to Dallas 13 years ago. I don't pay attention to the level of pollen, ragweed or other stuff when etc. All I know is that Claritin is now a close friend of mine.

Funny thing is I lived here for about 4 years before I started having allergies.

Naima

Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,481,511 times
Looks like Dallas is listed as one of the worst cities for today:
Allergy Allergies and Hay Fever - Pollen.com - 4 Day Allergy Alert Forecast

Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM

158 posts, read 659,408 times
Fall (Ragweed and Elm) and Spring (Trees) are the worst for most people, but there is Mold/Fungus all year round here, the Mountain Cedar peaks in January /February and Grass in Spring/Summer. This is partially because our winters are relatively mild.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:09 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times
Quote:
Considering the number of previous threads here on this same subject, I would venture to say, "Yes", a few have been in your situation... especially in the spring and fall!

See:

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...-everyone.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...allergies.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...-seasonal.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...r-related.html

Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 PM
rkp

35 posts, read 120,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KantLockeMeIn View Post
To quote the song, "You ain't seen nuthin yet".

Wait till Christmas time when mountain cedar rears its ugly head. That's the absolute worst!

I had allergies before I moved and they're actually better here for most of the year, except mountain cedar. I take allegra for most of the year, but I have to supplement it around Christmas with a nasal spray.

One other thing I heard is that if you eat some local honey that it's a homeopathic remedy. I don't know how true it is, but it's not like it tastes bad, so it's worth trying
Can you Please recommend a place where I can buy local honey. We moved from Minneapolis to Dallas last year.I have asthma but had an asthma attack only because of the severe winter in Minnesota.But since moving to Dallas I have had a lot of issues with allergies which have further led to a full fledged asthma attack!
I have never had any problems with allergies before moving to Dallas and now I have to take allergy medications everyday.The last one month has been really bad for allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas