Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 PM

18 posts, read 51,164 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

how's sunnyvale in Dallas, is it a crime free, nice town with great schools? We are a young family with a 2 year old looking to relocate to Dallas
and sunnyvale is one of the options.

TIA,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 PM

6,796 posts, read 14,016,278 times
Sunnyvale sits between the Garland & Mesquite. I would the crime there is very low because the vast majority of the homes in Sunnyvale are upscale. They have just began to grow and they now have their own school district. The teacher to student ratio is very low. I'm not sure about the elementary school but the middle school is 2yrs old and the High school just opened this year. They have just built a brand new city hall. The only issue I have with Sunnyvale is that they have no tax base. You will have to buy everything from either Mesquite or Garland. Sunnyvale is kind of unique in that it's a upscale community tucked away between Mesqute and Garland. It's really quite and I never here about anything going on over there. I would put crime and Sunnyvale in the same sentence. I would have to look at the stats but I doubt if they even have stolen cars in their area.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,797,257 times
You can go to har.com/school for school information on all the districts. As for crime, just go to the city website. "Great" and "good" are subjective, so you would need to do that research yourself.

Sunnyvale is a little pocket, but it's a little pocket on a large shirt (sorry for the analogy), but you have Mesquite and Town East Mall one street over from Sunnyvale. It's not a "small, country town". Everything is right there, just not in the Sunnyvale city limits. That's how close it is to Mesquite.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 PM

59 posts, read 230,664 times
Crime can happen anywhere even Sunnyvale. Some middle school students where just arrested for sexually assulting other students in school. That being said the crime rate in Sunnyvale is very low compared to the rest of the metroplex. There are some business croping up in Sunnyvale near Collins and near Belt Line.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 PM

109 posts, read 398,350 times
You can consider Sunnyvale the upscale neighborhood in Mesquite. Yes, it is a seperate city, but it is so intertwined with Mesquite that most people don't know where Mesquite ends and Sunnyvale begins. Virtually all of your nearby shopping and restaurants will be in Mesquite. Most of the High School kids still attend Mesquite schools, but they are building their own high school right now. Homes are grossly overpriced in my opinion, but I would say it is a nice area if you want to have that upscale, secluded feel, but still have the benefits of being close to a larger city. Good schools, but I would steer clear if your child is heavily into sports. Once the high school is finished, it will be VERY small and in a VERY minor sports division (sorry, but this can be a big deal in a state where high school football rules). Crime rates are low.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:17 PM

869 posts, read 2,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeagle21 View Post
Good schools, but I would steer clear if your child is heavily into sports. Once the high school is finished, it will be VERY small and in a VERY minor sports division (sorry, but this can be a big deal in a state where high school football rules).
What does this have to do with anything?

Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Well our small school has two Heisman Trophy winners...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:38 PM

6,796 posts, read 14,016,278 times
Sunnyvale high is gonna be much smaller than Woodrow Wilson. I was to guess I would think it's about the same size as Highland Village.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:00 PM

468 posts, read 1,886,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well our small school has two Heisman Trophy winners...
It's not O.J. Simpson is it?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 PM

869 posts, read 2,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korel View Post
It's not O.J. Simpson is it?
Was that a joke?

Davey O'Brien and Tim Brown are the two Wildcats that went on to win the Heisman.

OJ went to high school in San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas