U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,352,916 times

Advertisements

Hubby has had a preliminary meeting w/a realtor. She recommended we check out the Coppell area along w/ the areas we like - Frisco, possibly Plano and the Park Cities. I kind of have an idea about the other areas, Coppell is new to me so I'm off to get info. Is it mostly a suburban town? Does it have it's own school district? From what I can remember hearing, there's good schools there but not sure who they belong to. Another plus is that the commute would not be bad.

any info would be appreciated - I'm heading out next week to do some more looking.

b
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 08:51 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,919,490 times
Coppell ISD is one of the best school districts in Dallas. I believe one knock I hear against that area is that you get alot of noise from the Airport living over there....but other than that I only hear good things. If your over that way looking, take a look at Southlake as well. Very nice area. I would have looked over there, but my work and 90% of my customers are between the tollway and the 75. So the drive would be a bit much for me. Good luck.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:48 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,504,992 times
Isn't your husband going to be working near Love Field? Or do I have you mixed up w/ someone else? If it is your hubby the commute from Coppell is not going to be a breeze and it could be pretty bad at times. Coppell is a suburb. Years ago it was a sleepy little town w/ a Dairy Queen and an Italian place as your choice of dining out. One school for each level, it's own school district and most of the homes were either on large lots in the trees or on acreage. Boy has it changed. Yes, it does get a lot of airport noise as it is almost right in the path for them on the north end.

If the houses and areas you have found that you both like are not these, tell your realtor. Just because they may not be familiar w/ the other areas like Lakewood or the Park Cities does not make them bad, just that the realtor can't think out of their own little box they have created. Coppell is not a bad place to live but if it is not what you and your family want then don't be pushed into it. I'd recommend hubby take the drive in rush hour to all of these locations just to get a real feel for it.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 PM

50 posts, read 287,080 times
Coppell does have it's own ISD. However, not every home with a Coppell address is in Coppell ISD. Other school districts that server the area are Lewisville ISD, and Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD. If you consider Coppell I would recommend staying within Coppell ISD only.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,352,916 times
thanks everyone! yes hubby will be at Love Field and occasionally in Plano for meetings. The realtor seemed to think that the commute wouldn't be any worse than Frisco. When hubby drove around during non rush hours, he thought the houses were nice and on a little bit bigger lots. I agree about driving around during rush hour. Southlake I think would be even worse a commute down to Love Field. Appreciate the info about the schools.

b

Last edited by Spree; 02-08-2007 at 05:57 AM..

Old 02-08-2007, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 22,651 times
Coppell is a good place for your kids to grow up but sux as a teenager.

Lots of spoiled kids and shielded ones at that. Drugs and alcohol are pretty big in coppell but i dont do them. Nothing to be hugely worried about.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:47 AM

7 posts, read 36,697 times
I live on the Coppell/Irving border and don't hear air traffic at all. I think it would depend on where you were in Coppell regarding that. Also, while a lot of areas around here are still "dry", Coppell just passed a regulation to become "wet" with wine and beer. The Coppell near me is beautiful with lots of trees and looks very clean. There is a school just up the road and it's true about the ISD borders, they can change by being across the street

Look at all of Coppell. There are strictly residential areas and areas more citified. Lots of interesting streets off of Sandy Lake and quite a few supermarkets in the area as well.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:56 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,422,479 times
Keep looking more in the Coppell area if you can. It has experienced a huge amount of growth but is still a nice place to be. If you stay w/in Coppell or Lewisville ISD you'll be ok. Don't live by the Carrollton ISD side! That area has been going downhill.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:42 AM

8 posts, read 50,288 times
We really enjoy living in Coppell. It has a smaller community feel to it than some of the other big suburbs, has good schools and very easy access to DFW, Dallas and stores. It's nice to run into your neighbors and friends at the stores and parks. We live east of MacArthur and do not contend with much air traffic noise. I am, however worried that 121 will bring more noise/traffic/crime to our small city. It is an extremely family oriented town. The commute to Love field might not be the best - but I would check it out along with other locals - you might like the feel of it.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:40 PM

124 posts, read 437,085 times
I will give Coppell another thumbs up. We have lived here for almost 5 years now, and I have a hard time imagining living anywhere else. One aspect I really like is how we are about 35 minutes from both downtown Dallas and downtown Forth Worth. It's great to feel like both cities are accessible. Coppell definitely has a small town feel and that's what I really love about it. It feels "safe" to me as well and that's important considering I have young children. I can't imagine that your commute from here would be much worse than your commute from Frisco. Good luck where ever you decide to settle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas