Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Atlanta and Chicago have busier airports than DFW and Denver's airport is larger in land area. Epic FAIL.
Really? I mean, really? and did you really say epic fail? yeah, middle school called and they need to start attending class again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 AM

13 posts, read 42,289 times
Artsyguy - I moved from Carrollton to Denton 4 years ago and would say that the people in Denton are not snotty....just weird

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 AM

194 posts, read 492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No way! People in general are cool.
Im in TOTAL agreement!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Ever watch "King of the Hill?" It is pretty funny what they say about Dallas, anytime they have to drive into the big city from Arlen (Garland) for some event, they always express reservations that are just hillarious.
Quote:

HANK: I don't want you going to Dallas at all! That place is crawling with crackheads and debutantes. And half of them play for the Cowboys.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Well busy airports are irrelevant in my opinion. It just simply means the number of flights that come into your airport and out. Its more to do with bragging rights more than anything else. Houston is larger than Atlanta but the airport is not one of the busiest mainly beause of geography, connecting flights etc. Lets not forget DFW does have two airports. Just a did you know well Steve Harvey, Micheal Baisden, Ricky Smiley and Tom Joyner are all based out of Dallas. The media is by no means necessary dead in Dallas. The city is very inspirational in black radio so I guess you could call it the Capital of black radio. Thats all to say every city has it own flava.

Quote:
Atlanta and Chicago have busier airports than DFW and Denver's airport is larger in land area. Epic FAIL.

Also CNN/Turner Broadcasting are based in Atlanta and I think it would be more of a media capital than D/FW, even if D/FW is a larger television market.

Also, whoever described Houston as "provincial" compared to Dallas was hilarious. Houston is one of the more diverse cities in the country and has a large seaport that has international traffic.

Dallas, OTOH seems to be a bit more provincial from what I've gathered. Not provincial in the Tyler or Shreveport sense, but provincial in the sense that people there seem to think it is the be all and end all. Of course, I think Angelenos and New Yorkers are pretty provincial in that sense too, so take that FWIW.

BTW, cities that are really world class don't need to whine and shout it from the rooftops, they just are. This goes for other cities too.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
ROTFL ok well at least you half agree....they are very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSprings View Post
Artsyguy - I moved from Carrollton to Denton 4 years ago and would say that the people in Denton are not snotty....just weird

Old 10-11-2008, 03:00 PM

482 posts, read 945,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
I know I'm snotty, but that's cuz I'm from Boston (as a PP noted). It's just too bad for you that I'm richer, cooler, better educated, better looking and better dressed than you grossly fat little beer swilling peons. Ferchrissakes, put up the bud, go to the gym, get a fashion consultant and a real job and you'll feel better about yourself!

I personally like the snotty women of Dallas. They're always better looking.

It's not so much that we're snottier than people in Houston, as it is that we're just better and you're just jealous.

Oh my friggin' GAWD! You are outrageous! MARRY ME!!!

Old 10-11-2008, 03:13 PM

482 posts, read 945,163 times
Quote:

Also CNN/Turner Broadcasting are based in Atlanta and I think it would be more of a media capital than D/FW, even if D/FW is a larger television market.

Also, whoever described Houston as "provincial" compared to Dallas was hilarious. Houston is one of the more diverse cities in the country and has a large seaport that has international traffic.

Dallas, OTOH seems to be a bit more provincial from what I've gathered. Not provincial in the Tyler or Shreveport sense, but provincial in the sense that people there seem to think it is the be all and end all. Of course, I think Angelenos and New Yorkers are pretty provincial in that sense too, so take that FWIW.

BTW, cities that are really world class don't need to whine and shout it from the rooftops, they just are. This goes for other cities too.

I'm a native New Yawker and lived in Dallas for 2 years. Two very distinct animals. I actually loved Dallas and I am trying to return by the end of the year..

Note: If you like the night life, get to your destination no later than 9:30 as most of the spots close at 2...whereas most NYC'ers are rolling out of bet at midnight to get dressed...

Really not going to go into detail about the differences, and the ridiculous comment about NYC being provincial...who knew?

Old 10-11-2008, 03:14 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Ever watch "King of the Hill?" It is pretty funny what they say about Dallas, anytime they have to drive into the big city from Arlen (Garland) for some event, they always express reservations that are just hillarious.
Ha ha, I miss that show. Ever since Family Guy, I have lost touch with King of the Hill.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:02 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
Note: If you like the night life, get to your destination no later than 9:30 as most of the spots close at 2...whereas most NYC'ers are rolling out of bet at midnight to get dressed...
Most clubs in Dallas close at 2 am when the liquor stops flowing, but people don't even get there until after midnight. There are also many after hours spots in Dallas that stay open till the break of dawn, sometimes 7 am or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas