Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,736,789 times

Advertisements

For the people who say it is a money making scam for the state exactly how much does Texas rake in for this? I mean I thought all of it went to the station and that the fee was set by the state. Even if a small portion does go to the state that money could go into enforcement of standards at inspection stations. E.G. the dealer in Dallas that recently got caught handing out fake stickers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM

51 posts, read 217,857 times
Quick question. Is the emission test required by state or just the Dallas county?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM

217 posts, read 1,045,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtraveler23 View Post
Quick question. Is the emission test required by state or just the Dallas county?
This should help

Texas Department of Public Safety - Inspection Criteria for the Annual SAFETY Inspection (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/inspection/item_insp.asp - broken link)

Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtraveler23 View Post

It is required by the larger counties like Dallas, Collin, Denton, Tarrant etc. If you take the car to another smaller county they want inspect it unless the last inspection was in that county or the car is registered in that county. Trust me on this one.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:14 PM

164 posts, read 502,289 times
Take it to multiple independent shops until it "passes"?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:49 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northlakemetro View Post
Take it to multiple independent shops until it "passes"?

They use the same machine so if he fails the emission test at one shop he will fail it at the other. He will also be required to pay each time he takes it to a new shop.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,316 times
Look. I am reading this moron about global warming that has been proven to be false. I have a master's degree and a science degree from UC Davis. Global warming and many of the other eco fascist are destroying our freedoms. I am a mother have a 2001 landrover from Illinois and we dont' have this eco fascist regulations. I move here due to my husband job at Ft. Hood as a construction manager in energy and when I went to get the inspection they told me it failed because of it being a gross poluter. What? WTF! I own my car and don't want to finance another PERIOD. My registration will expire in 1 week out of state and I can't get all the repairs necessary by then. What the hell do I do? I hate TEXAS already!!! You people are a bunch of progressive sheep. It is fascism to force me to fix my car yearly. It runs very well and I have not put many miles on it. Yet I am sure this mechanic is going to rack up a huge bill for me. I can't even get an extension until I can get it fixed. I can't be without my car. So what am I supposed to do. I am fighting this. THis is fascism. I don't mind fixing a car with reseanable laws. In California if you need repairs they give you a temp registration and time to fix it. If it is too expensive they give you an exemption. So if you want to amended this stupid law I will lead the coalition. No one has the right to force me to buy a new car and pay thousands of dollars for global warming. This goes against the essence of what made America free. China is starting to look good to me.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,055 times
Can u take the car to a shop and have it put on a machine and find the problem, taking the guessing game out of it?

Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtltke137 View Post
This is pure speculation. Someone says that 20 percent of all stickers are fake and people accept it as fact. I'm not buying it.

I told you, these are for poor people. I'm not poor.

This is really the crux of the problem. Mechanics don't really know how to fix these. It's like, "Let's spend a ton of money and replace a bunch of stuff and maybe that will help".

As I said earlier, I don’t need the sticker – I need the printout that says it passed the emissions test.

Find a friend who has such a print out, scan it into your computer, change the data and print one out for yourself. Just watch what paper you use.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
FYI, this thread is from 2008.

I'd hope by now that the OP has found the problem w/ their vehicle, fixed it and passed the emmissions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas