Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:08 PM

21 posts, read 67,084 times

Advertisements

have you heard positive or neg. on hunters glen in plano.i think we found the perfect house on day one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 06:28 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
Central Plano. That area is fine and somewhat centrally located. I'm not a fan of the schools in that particular part of Plano (lots of academically acceptable schools vs. exp further west - http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/...hool/tx/5494/), but if I recall correctly, you don't have any kids yet. It's also one of the flatter, more uneventful looking parts of North Texas. Nonetheless, it's not a bad area.

For the 200kish price, I would probably venture over into some of the older parts of Richardson instead (Spring Creek, Canyon Creek, Breckenridge) or up into East Frisco. But that's me.

Take my word though that you should really hold off on pulling the trigger on anything till you live here for a few months.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:45 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,055 times
Hunter's Glen is within shooting distance of my house. I'm a bit further west, between Coit and Independance, versus between Independance and Custer. We looked at several homes in Hunter's Glen, but didn't find the right one. We didn't see anything that screamed "don't buy here!"

A lot of Hunter's Glen feeds into Plano Senior High, with the majority of it zoned for Bethany (between Legacy and Hedgecoxe) and Carlisle (between Spring Creek and Legacy) Elementary schools. Both of which are Exemplary. South of Spring Creek is zoned for Hughstone Elem. which is also Exemplary. In the area your talking about, most everything between Coit and Custer are zoned for Plano Senior High. East of Custer is Plano East, and West of Coit is Plano West.

There are exceptions, most notably between Spring Creek and Legacy, The west side of Spring Creek Parkway Estates, the Builtmore Swim and Racquet Club and Kemper Estates are zoned for Plano West. As far as basic shopping goes, just about everything you would need is in the area. And if the Walmart at Coit and Spring Creek doesn't have what you need, there's always the Gucci walmart down on Park at the Tollway, or the Sam's on Coit at the PGBT, or the Walmart or Sam's on Spring Creek over at 75. If you get real desperate there's the Shops at Willow Bend or head up Preston Rd to Stonebriar.

I will say that socketz's advise is sound, you may want to hold off on purchasing until you've been here a while. Especially if you don't have a job nailed down. If you're really interested in Hunter's Glen and want to get a feel for the area, there are some apartments in Hunter's Glen along Spring Creek between Custer and Independance.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:52 AM

Socketz,

I think you checked the wrong school. The link you provided was for Christie elementary over by Alma. I couldn't find any parts of Hunter's Glen that went east of Custer other than a small part of Hunter's Glen 01 that's north of Spring Creek which would put it into Hedgecoxe(exemplary) or Thomas(recognized).

Try this link instead. http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/...e&area=s&msl=1

Old 02-09-2007, 11:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Some longtime friends of ours live in that area and seem to like it. They've been there since the houses were new. Their kids went to Bethany and are now in high school. They plan on moving once the kids are out of school though. Both of their children have done fairly well.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:46 PM

21 posts, read 67,084 times
thanks guys making offers on 2 right now...one off hatherly and one off macao

Old 02-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Good for you. By the way when I was looking at P:ISD's site, on the map for Plano East Sr High, if you click on the box for Christie Elementary it opens a Mapquest page with the address and a map with no data. If you zoom all the way out, you find that the mapped point is in the middle of the Gulf of Guinea off the coast of Nigera. I e-mail them, we'll see how long it takes to fix.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
Good for you. By the way when I was looking at P:ISD's site, on the map for Plano East Sr High, if you click on the box for Christie Elementary it opens a Mapquest page with the address and a map with no data. If you zoom all the way out, you find that the mapped point is in the middle of the Gulf of Guinea off the coast of Nigera. I e-mail them, we'll see how long it takes to fix.
I noticed that too when I was looking up my friends address to make sure where they feel in that area. LOL!!! So I had to go to the trusty ol Mapsco and get out my glasses so I could read it.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
I mentioned Christie because it showed up as the Elementary school for the first three listings I found. Maybe I should have drilled into some of the more expensive listings and found the school listed for those.

SPORTBIKER1450 - you really can't go wrong in Plano. Just make sure you use Greatschools.net to check the schools. For that particular area, I would probably head just a little west near Independence and try to get into the Russell Creek area. Mathews Elementary is the school there and I believe it has received a Blue Ribbon award 3 years in a row.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:33 PM

25 posts, read 108,919 times
We are looking in the Russell Creek area too. There are 3 possible elementary schools that your kids can go to, depending on the exact location of your house. One is Matthews, the other two are Andrews and Skaggs. All of which are exemplary schools. So if you are wooried about schools in that area, don't be. Excellent schools overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas