Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:03 AM
cue cue started this thread

20 posts, read 65,499 times

Advertisements

So I think were leaning towards Waxahachie. If you know anything about this town give me the low down, good or bad???? Is there areas to avoid or is there anything that I should know about this town. Help me please I'm so nervous about making the wrong decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
The schools are underperforming. My friend's son went to his first baby shower of a classmate when they were in the 10th grade. 45% low income population in the school district. Conservative religious like most small town Texas.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,295 times
Waxahachie's population has grown by 32% from 21,426 in 2000 to approximately 28,300 in 2008. Over the past few years, the city has also attracted a notable number of retail shops and businesses.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 PM

96 posts, read 421,752 times
I've met a few Waxahachians and they tell me its a family oriented, small town values town and its safe compared to the towns its size around north texas. They always have some event going on and if it gets too boring your not far from Dallas metro. They have some big box retailers and plenty of restaurants. The freeway is expanding that way and lots of new housing has been put up recently before housing slump. It is mixture of races but not uncomfortable for any particular as my friends there who like the town are of different races and ethnics and religions. The old south part of town is more rundown but the downtown is restored and safe to walk around.
The schools suffer anytime you have growing pains like my town of Cedar Hill nearby.
Just of few thoughts. Good luck on your decision.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 PM

27 posts, read 126,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue View Post
So I think were leaning towards Waxahachie. If you know anything about this town give me the low down, good or bad???? Is there areas to avoid or is there anything that I should know about this town. Help me please I'm so nervous about making the wrong decision.
Some immature people will say, "Oh you live in Wax-your-snatchie?" Other than that, the rest of what people have said is true.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Much of what people call Waxahachie is not actually waxahachie, it's "county" so you'll be on septic, not city sewer... but taxes are much lower when you're not in a city.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM

424 posts, read 1,817,118 times
My friend, formerly from Chicago, loves Waxahachie and so do her girls. They are good in sports and very happy with the school. Both kids are in elementary. The town (I called it a 'burb and was corrected) is very affordable and family oriented. She has a very nice house. It's a place she will call home and says she will never move away from.

I also work with people that love Waxahachie.

Check the school ratings on schooldigger.com. See for yourself.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM

730 posts, read 1,917,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue View Post
I lived there for several years when I was much younger and it is a very nice area. Drive around and you can pretty much see the good and bad areas.

South East is pretty run down, The Western side (not North West or South West) near the college is older and manly rentals for the college, yet it also has some very nice areas within it as well.

North of Waxahachie is very nice.

Last edited by leonard; 10-28-2008 at 03:39 PM..

Old 08-31-2009, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,081 times
I currently live on the "run down" side of town, and I am kinda of offended that some would call it run down. I look at it as poor and in need of help.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Although Waxahachie has the seem feeling as a older suburb that has seen growth over the last 10 years. There are old rundown areas, older areas of town that have retained there charm and newer parts of town with new homes and new retail businesses. It reminds me alot of Garland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas