U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 PM

5 posts, read 13,910 times

Advertisements

Hi We are considering moving to aubrey from the phoenix area. We are looking for a lot more country and a safe area to raise our young childern. My husband is looking for a job in Denton area. We are looking to rent. Any info about this area and advice would be greatly appricated. We have never even been to the Dallas area. Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 10:52 PM

2,231 posts, read 5,611,201 times
Aubrey is a lovely area, a lot of forest and wooded country estates, horse farms, etc. It has good highway connections to Denton, should be a very short commute.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 PM

23 posts, read 58,928 times
Aubery is pretty nice.We mover here this year from Washington.We settled in Little Elm.Not a lot of acered lots here but we love this town! You should check it out too.Lots of rentals and great neighborhoods too! This whole town is surrounded by the lake.We love the schools and the small town feel here.Just 15-20 min to DT Denton.Email me if you want more info.Good luck! Jeremy thefatneck at yahoo.com

Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 AM

4 posts, read 14,814 times
The 380 corridor from Denton to McKinney is growing fast. Krugerville, which is just before you get to Aubrey has some nice sized lots. Paloma Creek Subdivision has a good school and great houses. Savannah and Providence have great schools in them and good houses, but very small yards and tough HOA. I just bought in The Lakes at Cross Oak Ranch off of 720 going towards Little Elm. Rentals can Range from $600 to $1200 on average in this area. HOA's rule on most newer Subdivisions.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,249 times
Default Providence and Savannah Communities in Aubrey

I was just wondering why the houses are so inexpensive (comparatively speaking) in the Villages of Providence and the Savannah planned communities in Aubrey. There are a lot of big beautiful houses there for sale for a lot less than $100/square foot. Both of these communities look lovely and well planned.

What is the catch? Are the houses built cheaply? I see that some of the builders are Vision, DR Horton and Choice Homes. I dont know anything about these builders, which is why I am asking. Do the Stepford Wives live there or what?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 AM

4 posts, read 14,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernChick View Post
I was just wondering why the houses are so inexpensive (comparatively speaking) in the Villages of Providence and the Savannah planned communities in Aubrey. There are a lot of big beautiful houses there for sale for a lot less than $100/square foot. Both of these communities look lovely and well planned.

What is the catch? Are the houses built cheaply? I see that some of the builders are Vision, DR Horton and Choice Homes. I dont know anything about these builders, which is why I am asking. Do the Stepford Wives live there or what?
It seems that they are built well, but insulated poorly. A lot of people have told me that their electric bills are high. The Hoa fees are high, but the ammenity centers are awesome. The yards are super small, not much more than a dog run. Paloma Creek North has much larger yards,lower HOA fees, but not as good ammenity centers. Great school for Paloma Creek, my son loves it.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 AM

6,584 posts, read 23,662,430 times
Tiny lots, tiny yards, narrow streets, houses so close together, it's very far out there, the required white picket fences, siding houses (some like that, but most houses in Dallas area are brick), some of the houses are little itty bitty. There are a lot of foreclosures in both subvisions.

Course they get people out there with the great swimming pools/water slides and the school situation is quite good.

ETA: They also have to pay some MUD tax because they are in an unincorporated area. I'm a little fuzzy on that. Maybe someone else knows what that fee is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas